Monday 27 November 2017

Happy Homemaker 2017-11-27

Happy Monday!  Less than a month left before Christmas.  I'd say I'm 85% ready, maybe a little more.


The weather
We had our 1st snow last Friday.  Still some of the white stuff on the ground (barely).  Today is -6 with some winds.  Week is to be around -3 and 4C on Friday.

On my reading pile
10 aventures autour du monde Pierre Dupont - seems a bit long (over 600 pages) more like a documentary so we'll see if I read it through.

On my TV
DVR is almost empty.  So Christmas movies this week.  Yesterday was Max Lucado's The Christmas Candle.  Today I have a few Little House in the Prairie christmas episodes.

On the menu for this week (may be changed)
DH's job site closed last Friday so he will be home to cook this week :)  
Yesterday he made 3 chicken pot pies and 1 cherry pie.  So one supper will be chicken pot pie.  the others will be frozen for the Holidays.
DH will be making sheppard's pie for Monday night.
Hamburgers
Don't know about the other days but dh is in charge :)

On my to-do list 
Wrap, wrap, wrap.
Finish & mail Christmas cards
Christmas cookies, fudge, skor squares and rice-krispie squares were baked yesterday and frozen.
Regular housechores

What I am knitting and crafting
Scarf
Socks
Crochet discloths

Looking around the house
Yarn, knitting needles and crochet on the LR table.
Dark chocolate, teacup, ebook and tv controller on LR side table.
Wrapping paper, ribbons and gifts on the kitchen table
Christmas decor everywhere

From the camera
Pictures of my 2018 Christmas decorations









Simple pleasures
A snow day!  When you don't have to drive and go out

What I look forward to this week
Essentrics and stretching classes.  Lunch with cw's.. we will each bring our lunch and play some games... we are starting our Christmas stretch.

Quote of the week

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas decorations but I sure hope I didn't miss Christmas 2017 already ;) Wonderful quote. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! I so enjoyed reading your post! Snow and everything so Christmassy! It just really blessed me! Makes me want to jump in and get busy on all the Christmas projects that are awaiting me now! Thanks for inspiring me and have a great week ahead! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your snowman on the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're certainly making headway on Christmas decorating - looks great. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete