Tuesday 19 September 2017

Happy Homemaker 2017-09-19

I picked this up from my friend Pamela's blog: https://nothyacinthbouquet.blogspot.ca/2017/09/happy-homemaker-monday-9182017.html

and I decided to give it a try.  Don't know if I'll be good enough to do it every week but for now, here goes:

The weather:::
Too hot for the season!  Highs between 20C and 25C all week with sun.  Today was 26C + humidity 32C. When is Fall coming??

On my reading pile:::
Joséphine Jobé mendiante by Micheline Dalpé.

On my TV:::
Started 6 feet under yesterday and have watched 2 episodes.  Have all season 1 dvr'd.

On the menu for this week:::

Coq au porc with potatoes and green beans, pork tenderloing with rice, soup with leftovers and corn on the cob, raspberry pie, strawberries, fresh bread, spaghetti, and Friday probably McD's (yep it coupon time)

On my to-do list:::
  • Put away gazebo for winter - DONE
  • Put away gazebo chairs - DONE
  • Cut off flowers and plants - Done on both sides of the house and back.  still need to do the front.
  • Schedule Mammo and massage therapist - DONE
  • Buy 2 new Fall carpets - DONE
  • Put away some summer clothes
  • Regular housechores
  • Start taking down screen windows .. too hot, only took 1 down
  • Take off swing top - DONE
  • 1 thing a day declutter - DONE for this week

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Started a scarf.. just not working out right now.. .will have to work on it a bit more.

Looking around the house:::
  • Fall decor is on the mantel 
  • knitting on the LR table
  • fresh tomatoes from neighbor's garden on the kitchen counter
  • in the office I see felt cookies all cut out ready to be made, my husband's guitar, a blank paint canvas, journal declutter (slowly rewriting old journals and keeping only important things written).


From the camera:::



Start of the cruise season in Quebec city.  This boat is anchored near my office.



Something fun to share:::
I finished knitting my 1st pair of wool socks

What I'm wearing today:::
Capri jeans, black t-shirt, sandals

Quote
Make today the day to learn something new

Well this was a fun experience!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're joining in! Love the photo - wish I was on the ship.

    ReplyDelete