Monday 9 September 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-09-09

Good morning 

A cool 12C (53F) here this morning) - I guess Mondays are the same ;) as it was what I wrote last week.  Cold wind to accompany these cool temperatures.

I registered for Tai-Chi classes on Mondays starting Sept 23rd ( I tried free tai-chi and Qi-Qong classes last Monday).

Friday was the 1st meeting with my new doctor.  She seems nice.  However she is in pre-retirement working only 2 days a week (sigh... which means I'll be out of a doctor soon I guess. she wouldn't say what her retirement horizon was).  She will see me once a year for routine (instead of every 6 months like my old doc), she renewed prescriptions for 24 months, every 3 years pap test (instead of every year), mammo will go with letter received from govt (instead of doc scheduling it).

Saturday we went for errands, getting a box of free covid tests (just in case), getting my sewing scissors sharpened, ikea (bought a bed for basement bedroom finally!) and a few other things and finally Costco.  Went to sil & bil's in the evening.

Sunday we picked up grandchildren around 9:00 to spend the day with us.  We went to restaurant for supper and their parents met us there so they left right afterwards.

Xavier's funny:

He wanted me to color with him but I was having lunch so told him I would go after eating so he said... you've eaten enough your tummy will burst! hahaha... so afterwards I went to color with him and told him... think I've eaten too much I'm tired.  So he replies:  'told you you ate too much!  you better sleep with me (for his sieste) it will do you good'   hahaha kids!

He asked for a hamburger at restaurant so told him be careful it's hot... and he said it was not hot at McDonald's last week... hahaha our McD is rotten with service but he doesn't seem to mind.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  





The weather
Mon
Mostly cloudy
17°
8°
Tue
Partly cloudy
17°
7°
Wed
Partly cloudy
22°
12°
Thu
Partly cloudy
25°
15°
Fri
Partly cloudy
26°
13°

Looking around the house
Lots to do with grandkids here yesterday and most of the day out Saturday.

Thinking and pondering
Need to plan for Autumn, outings (if any) and Thanksgiving weekend

Tv this week

Big Brother season 26
The traitors (season 2)
Walking dead (last season)
6 degrés (saison 3)
Regular programs resume tonight so will have LOTS to watch


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week


Relaxing Michael Bubblé music



On my reading pile
Plus jamais malade by Denis Fortier - cannot read it in one sitting.  
La mère au foyer by Nicole Trope


On my to-do list


Monday 
  • Post here ✅
  • Laundry
  • Turnips and carrots to cut and freeze (carry over from last week)
  • Work on Christmas ornament (carry over from last week)
  • Vac main floor 
  • Mop main floor
  • Prep for in-town work tomorrow
  • Wash main bathroom 
Decluttering 
  • Sandals
  • 1 old sink (dh took it to recycling center)
Upcoming this week
Tuesday in-town work and kinesio appointment (now that I have a prescription for doctor so insurance will pay $30 out of $95).
Thursday haircut.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Work on Christmas ornament - STILL to do

From the camera:
Nothing

Funny of the week




 

5 comments:

  1. 😂that Xavier "you've eaten enough..." great!
    I hope it will be a nice week!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are funny! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Lucie!
    Love the Xavier story - such a Cutie. :) It sounds like you're getting the nice cooler temps too.
    I love Michael Buble - so thanks for sharing! And I did not expect that ending on your funny and literally LOL'd!! 😁💕
    Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids do say the cutest things - no filters helps them see the world as it is :D LOVED your funny about the tea bags - I'm still giggling. Fall is here and Thanksgiving and holiday plans are looming. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahah Xavier! That was cute. I'm glad you're enjoying cooler temperatures too, it's such a welcome change from the heat. Have a blessed week! ♥

    ReplyDelete