Monday 13 December 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-12-13

Good morning 

Last week was my work Christmas party.  We are a team of 9 girls.  We went bowling followed by supper at a fancy pizza place.  It was nice but I must say people are letting go of masks more and more!

DD arrived on Friday and left on Saturday after Xavier's bday party.  My parents, sis & bil also came for the party.  We had a nice family time.  They left around 10:00 on Sunday.

This week is the last before Christmas vacations, yay!  Been having soooo many team meetings at work, I am tired .

Enough said, let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  





The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Scattered showers
4°
-5°
Tue
Sunny
-3°
-13°
Wed
Cloudy
-3°
-5°
Thu
Rain
6°
1°
Fri
Cloudy
2°
-7°


Hoping all the ice we had last week will melt, the entryways and sidewalks are full of ice.  Main roads are ok.


On my mind
Christmas and NY's - we have decided for mom's for Christmas but still haven't made up my mind for NY's Eve.

Something Christmas related I've done the past few days
Watched Christmas movies and reading a Christmas book.  Set up a picture garland of Christmas pictures over a painting I have in the kitchen.

Christmas movies I watched
A kiss before Christmas, A Mrs Miracle Christmas and an unexpected Christmas gift.

On the breakfast plate
Will eat later

On my reading pile
Wintering by Katherine May 
Been following my books on Goodreads... I will fall short of my goal which was 50 books this year.. I am now at 46

On my tv
Christmas movies
L'échappée
Une autre histoire
Discussions avec mes parents
District 31
Qui sait chanter
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week



Auto-massage 

On the menu this week
Monday - Chicken vol aux vents
Tuesday - 
Wednesday -   
Thursday - Grilled cheese sandwich
Friday - 



From the camera:

Xavier's birthday.  Xavier, his little cousin Sydney, my daughter Joannie and his other grandpa.


Painting I did last week

Looking around the house
As usual too much stuff in the house :( but dh doesn't see it.

On my to-do list

Done last weekend
  • Cooked chicken (so at least 1 night of supper will be easy)
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Mopped main floor
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Wash Jenn-Air
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Reorganize pantry
  • Doctor's appointment on Tuesday - test results but I expect all will be fine.
  • Laundry
  • Paint

Looking forward to:
  • Thursday is party with some girlfriends - I expect we will have fun and laugh alot.

Decluttering
  • 1 pair of running shoes
  • 1 umbrella
  • Shredded 3 bags of work-office papers
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Watch Christmas movies, paint the Candyland tutorial Keep It Colourful with Jesse Robertson, which is free for 7 days



Funny of the week 









4 comments:

  1. I was looking at that Wintering book in Target last week. Looks interesting, plan to find the library book version though. Funny quote, very true. Love your paintings. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your painting! I'm glad you shared the Candyland video! I was trying to think of something fun and festive to do with my kiddos this weekend and that sounds perfect!!! Motivation to declutter my paint supplies and find some new ones! Thank you! I also feel bad about complaining about our weather after seeing yours! I hope you stay warm and safe! Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bowling party sounded fun!! Around here it seems about 1/2 and 1/2 doing masks these days too. I'm vaccinated and still wear mine all the time! I so need to do more reading but never seems enough time in the day and I try at night and fall asleep. Lol
    That painting you did of you 3 buddies is SO adorable!!
    Happy belated to Xavier!! 🎉 🎈
    Love your funny. 😆 Blessings on the rest of your week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, where did this week get to? Sorry I'm so late! I LOVE your painting - too fun. I did a painting class on Thursday night - seems like there was something everyday and Thursday's painting class was a private party so we did a cookie exchange also - and that's where part of my week went - baking!

    I hope Xavier had a wonderful birthday! Your work party bowling sounds fun too! Masks are hit and miss here, but I'm triple vaccinated and still where mine - know too many vaccinated people getting breakthrough infections and I'm just not willing to tempt it.

    Have a great rest of the weekend and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete