Monday 20 December 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-12-20

Good morning!

On vacation since dec 17th 3:30 pm.  back to work jan.5th.  My husband is off work too but is still thinking if it's just a break or if he is retiring for good.

Had a doctor's appointment last week, result of blood tests too.  He says all is fine.  My appointment was to be Tuesday but was Thursday as their computers were all stolen during Monday night!

Covid cases with Omicron are up.  All bars, gyms, cinemas, theaters are closing up again.  50% capacity in restaurant.  Telework is mandatory.  inside groups are 10.  No work parties allowed.  We both had parties at restaurants last Thursday and both were cancelled.

3rd doses are starting but for now not enough people to administer them and for covid testing.

This will put a stop to some Christmas reunions.  I've cancelled NY's Eve here for my family and dh's family.  for now we still plan to go to my parent's house for Christmas but my son and his family are not coming.  My kids should still be coming for NY's Eve and NY, we will be 7 (including 2 grandkids).

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Snow showers
-8°
-9°
Tue
Partly cloudy
-2°
-12°
Wed
Snow showers
-5°
-13°
Thu
Mostly sunny
-10°
-19°
Fri
Partly cloudy
-10°
-17°


On my mind
Cases going up and up 

Something Christmas related I've done the past few days
Watched Christmas movies, baked fudge, thumbprint cookies, rice-crispy squares, delivered more gifts to friends.

Christmas movies I watched
A very merry bridesmaid, best Christmas party ever, Marry me this Christmas, Christmas at Castle Heart, Christmas vacations, Five more minutes, Christmas CEO

On the breakfast plate
Waffles and oat milk

On my reading pile
Wintering by Katherine May 
The Wish by Nicholas Sparks

On my tv
Christmas movies
District 31
Qui sait chanter
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Nothing



On the menu this week
Monday - 
Tuesday - 
Wednesday -   
Thursday - 
Friday - 
We will see...


From the camera:
Today at Grandma's


Watching Toy story







Painting I did last week

Looking around the house
It's a mess - toys everywhere, dishwasher is out of its' hole as a new one should be here this afternoon, ...

On my to-do list

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Babysit grandkids (Xavier has antibiotics for his ear so no daycare today - he was also tested for covid but it's negative).


Looking forward to:
  • Spending some time with family... hopefully...

Decluttering
  • Nothing this week
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Watch Christmas movies, nap, .....start a crochet scarf


Wishing you all a Merry Christmas! 















2 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable pictures - Xavier is getting so big! So sorry to hear things are getting worse again there. If I could have one wish for Christmas, it would truly be an end to the pandemic!!! This year it will just be hubby and I and while I would prefer a BIG family get together I'm okay with it. Have a Merry Christmas and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics - the sweetest! Sorry the world is shutting down again. Ugh!! But to be with the people you love the most is all that matters. I hope you have a healthy, safe and very blessed Christmas dear Lucie! 🎄 ♥️

    ReplyDelete