Monday 6 December 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-12-06

Good morning 

My husband finished decorating the outside on Saturday - he made a wood triangle tree with lights in it.  So saturday I had some cooking to do - I did bake 1 holiday dessert to freeze (skor's bars).  My son, ddil and grandkids came by for supper.  Xavier slept over.

Sunday my husband picked up Anne-E to spend the day with us too, giving the kids a chance to pick up and do their Christmas shopping.  My son picked up the kids after supper.  Was not a good eating day for Xavier, he just wouldn't eat (just a few pieces of cheese), looked like his mouth was hurting... they were things liked but he just wouldn't eat.  He did eat a yogourt in the afternoon and a little when he got home.

Enough said, let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Snow with brief sleet
4°
-7°
Tue
Partly cloudy
-6°
-18°
Wed
Mostly cloudy
-9°
-11°
Thu
Partly cloudy
-6°
-14°
Fri
Snow showers
-2°
-3°

Snowstorm for us today followed with freezing rain and rain by the end of the day... sigh and I have to go out today.

On my mind
Christmas and NY's - what will be happening.  will discuss this with sis and mom next weekend

Something Christmas related I've done the past few days
Wrapped 1 more gift, baked 1 Christmas dessert to freeze, helped dh with setting out lights in the wood triangle tree for outside.  Watched Christmas movies and reading a Christmas book.

Christmas movies I watched
You, me and the Christmas trees, A Christmas together with you, A christmas treasure, A holiday in Harlem.

On the breakfast plate
Cinnamon-raison bread with chocolate oat milk

On my reading pile
Wintering by Katherine May 
Cette année on échange nos cadeaux et nos vies by Maggie Knox

On my tv
Christmas movies
Occupation Double dans l'Ouest
L'échappée
Une autre histoire
Discussions avec mes parents
District 31
Qui sait chanter
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week


QiQong for the eyes


On the menu this week
Monday - Meatloaf from the freezer with mashed potatoes
Tuesday - Rice / chicken casserole
Wednesday -   
Thursday - Grilled cheese sandwich
Friday - 



From the camera:

From the web... looks perfect!



Looking around the house
Some tidying up to do 

On my to-do list

Done last weekend
  • Laundry
  • Cooked chicken (so at least 1 night of supper will be easy)
  • Baked 1 Christmas dessert 
  • Dusted all main floor
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • 1:00 Osteo appointment - if I don't cancel because of snowstorm - I do need to go though.  Thinking of changing since it's too hard to get appointments (my next one is end of march and I took the appointment 2 weeks ago) and I hate going there - it's far in the woods.
  • Vac main floor - DONE
  • Wash bathroom
  • Fold towels
  • Figure out supper
  • Paint?

During the week
  • Wash jennair
  • Reorganize pantry
  • Figure out supper for next weekend (parents, sis, bil will be coming over for Xavier's birthday - at my son's house - but afterwards they will come here and sleepover).
  • Thursday is our work-party... bowling and pizza.

Decluttering

Took out a few tubs for ds when he came by with the grandkids on Saturday ;) so he went through them and I also did a quick go around the house.
  • Recycling: 3 plastic movie drinking cups, 2 bottles, 2 key lanyards and a few small odds and ends, 1 tablecloth, 2 Christmas tree dispensers (hand soap and cream) that were old and leaking.
  • For the thrift shop: 2 stuffed toys, 1 big pack of simpson cards, 3 keychains, 1 dishwashing brush (brand new with stickers on), 2 ribbon cutters, 1 ceramic pot, 1 baseball ball, 1 small hockey hanger,
  • To ds's house: 1 small tub of hockey cards, 1 BIG tub full of souvenirs.

.... still have more for him to go through but he's in no hurry (been waiting since May!), so I'll do it this way... when he comes I bring the tub next to him in the LR so he can go through it :)

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Watch movies with a good cup of tea and rest


Funny of the week 








3 comments:

  1. You always seem to get so much accomplished. Hope your snowstorm wasn't too bad and that you are having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your funny - too cute. Is Xavier teething maybe? I hope he's eating better now. Sounds like a lot to do this week. I hope your weather cooperates and lets you make your appointments. Have a really good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis the season of all the shopping fun, decorating and baking. 😊
    I hope you're staying cozy and safe. We finally got more snow here. If it's going to be cold I like to have snow to make it pretty too.
    Blessings on the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete