Monday 29 November 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-11-29

Good morning and goodbye November !

Met my lady-boss Friday for lunch.  Was fine.  Then a did a few errands but not much.. too many people in the stores and snow / rain mix all day.  Took Friday afternoon off.

Saturday my husband worked and kids were busy so I had the whole day to myself to do stuff. 

Sunday we picked up Xavier around 10:00 and he spent the day here with us.  Anne-E has another cold and is coughing alot.

Enough said, let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  






The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Partly cloudy
-2°
-10°
Tue
Mostly sunny
-2°
-7°
Wed
Snow showers
-1°
-6°
Thu
Rain and snow
2°
-4°
Fri
Partly cloudy
-2°
-14°

On my mind
A new job opportunity opened up.. would need to change the section I work with - an area I don't know anybody... would mean a promotion but might change my 4 day-week and working from home,... so not sure about that.
What will be happening for the holidays with the new covid variant.

Something Christmas related I've done the past few days
Wrapped gifts, mailed Christmas cards this morning.

Christmas movies I watched
I've been watching quite a few Christmas movies the last few weeks.  I am writing them down so I don't record the same twice.  Here are the ones I watched last week.
The Christmas cottage, The Christmas parade, The Christmas wlatz, Time for us to come home, A very charming Christmas town.

On the breakfast plate
Oat-chocolate milk (they were out of vanilla at the grocery store) and cinnamon bun.

On my reading pile
Wintering by Katherine May - joined an online book club so we'll see if I like that or not - have no idea how a book club works.

On my tv
The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies
Occupation Double dans l'Ouest
L'échappée
L'heure bleue
Une autre histoire
Discussions avec mes parents
District 31
Chanteur masqué
Qui sait chanter
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week


Christmas ambiance music


On the menu this week
Monday - Sloppy joes
Tuesday - Crockpot soup
Wednesday - pork tenderloin    
Thursday - Grilled cheese sandwich
Friday - TBD


From the camera:
My grandson at daycare (the gray hat)


Looking around the house
Cozy and warm, BUT the basement needs alot of TLC, everything has been put there... dh keeps bringing stuff in the house.

On my to-do list

Done last weekend
  • Laundry
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Prepped all gifts for December birthdays
  • All mini-crochet stocking ornaments are done and wrapped with chocolates, some need to be delivered (33)
  • Wrapped gifts
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Prepped sloppy joes for Monday's supper
  • Baked muffins
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Mail Christmas cards - DONE - this morning I took a half hour walk and dropped them off at the same time.
  • Work on cards with $$ in them
  • update  and finish gift list
  • Wash fridge-freezer
  • Wash oven
  • Thought I had an osteo appointment at 1:00, but it's next week so that gives me more time in my day, but I'm sure I can find more stuff to add to my to-do list ;)

During the week
  • Dust all main floor
  • Declutter

Fall to-do (whenever)
  • Put away rest of screen windows   DONE
  • Halloween decor - DONE
  • Wash outside windows (front of house got done last week) - DONE
  • Update cold & flu medication  DONE
  • Put away solar lamps DONE
  • Change winter / summer clothes (DH did his last weekend) - DONE
  • Fill advent calendar DONE
  • Prep Christmas card inserts  DONE
  • Prep Christmas cards with $$
  • Finish homeless bags - DONE
  • Work on Christmas ornament - DONE
  • Update Christmas gift list
Procrastination list (otherwise will be done at a later date)
  • Start going through and purging pictures on phone
  • Schedule eye exam and get new glasses

Decluttering
  • 1 old cutting board
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Watch movies with a good cup of tea and rest


Funny of the week 






8 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you have quite a bit on your mind. A book club seems fun, the title seems intriguing. Cute picture of your grandson. Sorry to hear your granddaughter is battling another cold. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. My granddaughter seems better now.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like quite an opportunity for you with promotion, but so many changes would make me leary especially with the new variant! Prayers for you as you make this hard decision. Stay safe and well - I hope AnnE gets over her cold quickly before sharing with the rest of the family. Sounds like you've already accomplished a lot on the Christmas prep. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting to see if I get an interview for the promotion and I'll decide from there... the best thing would just be to retire :)

      Delete
  3. Prayers sent that you are led to the right decision with the new job opportunity Lucie. 🙏 I love that you're writing down the hallmark movies. 😂 There are SO many of them now, aren't there? I love the ambiance videos and often put them on my tv too.
    And I know some folks that funny would be PERFECT for. 😉 Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are quite alot of Hallmark movies now. I do have a preference for Lifetime over Hallmark, a little more research in the story lines.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your promotion! Such a cute photo of your grandson... he's growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't have the promotion yet, I applied but need to do an interview first, qué sera, sera :)

      Delete