Monday 28 September 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-09-28

 Good morning!

Coronavirus update around here.... they are asking us to cancel plans for Thanksgiving (ours is October 12th), we are not doing well - some people are not respecting measures.  We are now orange (green, yellow, orange and red)... I wrote this on Sunday night but this morning they are saying we will be passing to red.

After my appointments last Monday & Tuesday, had more appointments to schedule... 7 more!!   Doc says I should be back to normal for 2021!?!... another doctor's appointment, another endocrinologist appointment, 2 bloodwork appointments, ECG, ostodensiometry, and another physical therapist appointment, phew!   Now that all is scheduled I'm thinking some will be cancelled if we are in the red zone.

Friday my grandson came for supper while his parents went for supper at the restaurant.

Had govt exams on Saturday for my job - found it difficult and nerve-wracking.  Kids came for supper Saturday and Xavier slept over.  My husband worked on my son's garage with him this weekend.  Son and daughter in law came back for lunch Sunday and left after supper.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Showers
24°
17°
Tue.
Showers
24°
14°
Wed.
Rain
16°
11°
Thu.
Scattered showers
16°
8°
Fri.
Mostly cloudy
14°
6°



How I am feeling this morning
Feeling ok, tired of night-sweats though. Energy level is at 75% I'd say.

On my mind
Dentist appointment this afternoon ... 2h50 minutes! yuck
Passing in the red zone....
Halloween? will it be cancelled?
Christmas? how will we celebrate it?

On the breakfast plate
Have not had breakfast yet ... I'm thinking eggo waffles with almond milk

On my reading pile
The Atlas of Happiness by Helen Russell

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 5)
Big Brother
Mon fils
District 31
La Voix
Occupation double
Fragile
Brave new world
Cardinal

On the menu this week
Lundi - Beef tournedos and grilled potatoes
Mardi-  Spaghetti
Mercredi - Chicken pot pie
Jeudi -  Grilled cheese
Friday - ?

Haven't had time to figure it out yet

From the camera

Picture from the web... all in blue!


Playing outside with grandma


Looking around the house
LOTS to do as I was too busy for housechores this weekend.  I need to get more stuff out of the house before the charity shops close again!

On my to-do list  

Saturday
  • wash main bathroom - DONE
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, bath, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Bake muffins 
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Mop main floor (IF I have time otherwise I'll do it another day)
  • Afternoon - a 3 hour dentist appointment - yuck!!
In my crafting basket
Work on knitted socks
Glue gnome hats & ribbons

Quote of the week 





4 comments:

  1. Your quote of the week is awesome! And it's true. I've never seen so many people outside in my neighborhood even in the heat of summer. Hope you feel much better soon and your medical appointments can come to an end. Also, sorry to hear you're closing down again. I sure hope (and pray) it doesn't happen here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Busy, busy as always. Love the photo of the deer in the blue collage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things don't shut down for you again and that things improve (of course). Wonderful pictures this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry the numbers are going up again! I hope things get better there. I fear we'll all be back in a shut down again before too long. Too many need to "behave" about it that just don't. Sigh Your grandson is such a cutie pie! Blessings on the rest of your week. Stay safe. xoxo

    ReplyDelete