Monday 21 September 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-09-20

Good morning!

After 8 days of waiting, my husband got a negatif result for his covid-testing... meanwhile we did not go out (he worked from home even though it is not the ideal job for that) and we did not see the kids either.

We got to see my grandson on Friday night - he came over for supper after his daycare.

Saturday morning my husband and I went to work on my son's garage (the back-siding of the garage is not finished).  Kids had a brunch at her father's house.  They stopped by for lunch.  In the afternoon my husband and son worked on the garage and daughter-in-law got some sleep (she has been feeling nauseous and vomiting the last few days with this pregnancy).  I stayed home with Xavier.  They came for supper and left afterwards to rest some.  Xavier stayed the night with us.

Sunday - my husband spent the morning at my son's house with him.  They all arrived for lunch here and left with Xavier after lunch.  We went out for supper for some pizza.. maybe the last time for awhile, as it was announced that we are now going in the orange zone for covid-19 (green, yellow, orange and red are the zones).

Orange means:  bars don't serve liquor after 11:00 pm, they close at midnight.  No more than 6 people inside a house (2 different adresses), 1 person per family to go in the groceries and stores, .... too many new cases in the last 2 weeks.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Sunny
16°
1°
Tue.
Mostly sunny
18°
7°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
22°
9°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
18°
5°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
16°
9°

Our nights are getting cold!  We have had 1C last week and it's mostly around 3-4 degrees celsius.

How I am feeling this morning
Slept so-so but decided to get up early.  Lit the fairy lights in the LR and the kitchen and put on some music, then took a hot bath and read a little.  will have breakfast in a few minutes.

On my mind
Daycare are on unlimited strike so will try to help the kids today and one other day this week.  
Govt exams this upcoming saturday.... ugggggggggggg!!

On the breakfast plate
Probably some toasts with bananas and almond milk.

On my reading pile
The Atlas of Happiness by Helen Russell

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 5)
Big Brother
Mon fils
District 31
La Voix
Occupation double
Fragile
Brave new world
Cardinal

On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -  Grilled cheese
Friday - ?

Haven't had time to figure it out yet

From the camera

Château Frontenac (Quebec City tourism picture)

Link to a video (hope it works!)





Looking around the house
Lots to do!!!  and thinking nothing much will get done this week... have 2 days of appointments + babysitting.

On my to-do list  

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, bath, breakfast, brush teeth 
  • Menu plan - 
  • Bake muffins - DONE on Sunday
  • Wash main bathroom
  • More basement decluttering
  • Clear up the office - guest room... it's a catchall room (never happened last week)
  • 2:00 appointment with physio
  • 3:15 appointment with my doctor
  • Maybe a few groceries before it gets to complicated to go with covid-19
  • Babysitting as daycare are on strike for an unlimited time
In my crafting basket
Work on a new pair of knitted socks
Cut gnome beards

Quote of the week 













4 comments:

  1. Glad your husband's test came back negative and you were able to see your kids again. Love the tourism photo of the chateau. Unfortunately, the video did not work for me. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great week. I love your photo. The building is stunning.
    I chuckled when I read your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your husband is negative for Covid! Sorry to hear that restrictions are coming back into play for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're hubby tested negative, but sorry to hear about the increase in cases and being orange in restrictions. Sorry I'm running so late this week. I hope you have a GREAT weekend.

    ReplyDelete