Monday 5 October 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-10-05

Good morning!

Posting a bit late, but...

Last week had a 3hr. dentist appontment on Monday afternoon... $800 later and sore neck but it's done (insurance paid back $500) 😕

Friday had an osteo appointment - she is now leaving the office and will be working from her home the next time I see her.... which will be in December since she is busy until then.  Took that morning off and did groceries at the same time.  My husband finished worked a little bit earlier and we went back to town to finally buy the new dishwasher.  Will receive it this week.  Had mcd's and ate in the car as all restaurant dining rooms are closed because of Covid.

Saturday - had Xavier with me as both parents had eaten something which did not go down well and didn't get much sleep.  My husband was here in the am so I managed to put the spaghetti sauce in the crockpot, make some protein muffins, cook a humongous chicken (as big as a turkey) and cook some meatloaf.  In the afternoon daughter- in-law came by to watch a movie while Xavier slept.  Husband and son worked on his garage.  They left after supper (spaghetti) but Xavier stayed the night.

Sunday - Kids came over for lunch - turnip/pear potage and chicken sandwiches.  They all left after dinner and my husband went to my son's house to work some more on the garage.  I vaccumed main floor and had a nap outside in the sun... a nice Autumn day. 

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Showers
13°
8°
Tue.
Scattered showers
17°
11°
Wed.
Showers
14°
5°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
9°
1°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
9°
4°


Gettin much friskier

How I am feeling this morning
Needed more sleep but wasn't happening so got up and started the day

On my mind
My retirement class starting this morning... 4 mornings this week. 1st one was pretty interesting and lots to think about.
My humongous to-do list... not doing much on weekends with the kids here, so I'm thinking I need to do a little each day of the week if I want the 'extras' done.

On the breakfast plate
A protein muffin (made with tofu but doesn't taste or have a yucky texture... but it ain't sweet either), and some almond milk

On my reading pile
The Atlas of Happiness by Helen Russell

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 5)
Big Brother
Mon fils
District 31
La Voix
Occupation double
Fragile
Brave new world
Cardinal

On the menu this week
Lundi - Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Mardi-  hot-chicken sandwiches and fries
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   ?Grilled cheese
Friday - ?

From the camera

Picture from the web... 


Looking around the house
LOTS to do as I was too busy for housechores this weekend.  

On my to-do list  

Saturday
  • Cook big chicken
  • Make protein muffins
  • Bake meatloaf
  • Make spaghetti sauce
Sunday
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Dust kitchen and kitchenette
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, bath, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Bake muffins - DONE
  • Wash oven - DONE
  • Telework - am is Retirement conference training - DONE
  • Make an apple dessert (either crumble or cake)
In my crafting basket
Work on knitted socks
Glue gnome hats & ribbons
Finish crochet pumpkin


Quote of the week 


2 comments:

  1. Wow you got lots of cooking done on Saturday. Making just one of those meals would have done me in for the day. Love your autumn collage photo from the web. Hope you have a happy and healthy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy weekend! It's so nice to have family (especially grandkids) close by to enjoy, but it does make for flexibility in our schedules! It's worth it, though.

    ReplyDelete