Monday 10 August 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-08-10

 Good morning!

I started this post Sunday afternoon as I have to leave early on Monday morning for a medical appointment.

Last week was back to tele-work for me starting Wednesday.  My husband was on vacation for the week but he worked on our roof part of that time.  

Last Tuesday we went to town with my son, ddil and Xavier so he could try the merry-go-rounds at the big shopping center (we all had masks and equipment was washed in between rides and 1 per car).  He did 2 rides and loved it.  After that we went to see a car for ddil and she bought it  (a used car but much more recent than the one she had).  Thursday my husband put her old car for sale and it sold in the morning.  Good thing done!

Wednesday had to go see doctor... an infection.. so got some antibiotics for 1 week. ugg!

The kids came for a picnic at municipal park on Saturday and stayed the night.  They left Sunday morning except for Xavier, they picked him up after lunch (they had things to do at the house in the morning).

The upcoming week is one full of appointments for me.... Monday - endocrinolgist to see how my thyroidite is coming along (I'm doing much better).  Thursday will be removal of IUD (been waiting 1 year for the hospital to call for this), Friday osteopath appointment.  Yuck!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Sun.
Partly cloudy
27°
17°
Mon.
Partly cloudy
28°
20°
Tue.
Scattered thunderstorms
31°
19°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
28°
17°
Thu.
Mostly sunny
28°
16°
Fri.
Sunny
26°
16°
Sat.
Partly cloudy
27°
17°

Another hot week!  so tired of these hot temperatures

How I am feeling this morning
Ready to go!  Was sleepy but couldn't go back to sleep , took a bath and now I'm ready to go and get back as quickly as possible.

On my mind
This full week of appointments, especially the Thursday one... will not be liking that one!

On the breakfast plate
2 pillsbury croissants and a glass of vanilla oat milk

On my reading pile
Chroniques d'une petite ville T03 de Mario Hades

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 3)
Esprits criminels

On the menu this week
Lundi - Beef roast with potatoes
Mardi-  Ribs with rice
Mercredi - Spaghetti
Jeudi -  Grilled cheese
Friday - ?


From the camera

Xavier - 8 months



Looking around the house
It's not so bad but I still want to get some things out of the house.  Would like some rooms to be painted too but that won't get done for awhile.
I'd like to update my lists and catch up on my crafting.

On my to-do list  (have made a long to-do for vacations and after vacations, so picking from that list daily)

Last weekend
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Bake muffins
  • Wash patio furniture on patio and in gazebo
  • Finish washing back outdoor windows


Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Endcrinologist appointment in town
  • Errands
  • ....

To relax this week, I will  (or should I say in my crafting basket)
Finished crochet scarf last weekend 
work on  a new pair of knitted socks
Make Christmas ornament prototype


Quote of the week 



4 comments:

  1. I can relate to your quote this week. Very much. Your grandson is a cutie! Sounds like you had a great time with him. Prayers and positive vibes for all your upcoming medical appointments to go well. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little boy!
    Also, I love Boston Legal! James Spader can do no wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, great quote! Sounds like your vacation was relaxing. Your grandson is such a cutie. Enjoy your week (I'll be thinking of you on Thursday).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xavier is such a Doll! It sounds like you enjoy time with him so much. 😊 Praying all goes well with all of those appointments 🙏
    And I always love your inspirations - they're always funny and I always relate to them a little too well. Lol

    ReplyDelete