Monday 17 August 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-08-17

 Good morning!

Last week was busy with appointments but some things are over and done with... antibiotics are finished, IUD has been removed (hurt since it was ther 10 years yikes!), and teeth treatment is done.  Was an energy-draining week.

We babysat my grandon on Saturday - my son and daughter-in-law came back late from an outing and slept over.  they all left after lunch on Sunday.  Did a few housechores around the house.

Xavier is now crawling everywhere and is always trying to stand up - he's adorable!

Got a commode sent to mil's house for the new buyers.  However my husband brought back 2 couches for the basement... we now have 4 in there... 2 will be going out very very very soon.  He wants the elran-type lazy-boy couch instead of what we had.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)

Sun.
Clear with periodic clouds
28°
15°
Mon.
Partly cloudy
26°
17°
Tue.
Scattered thunderstorms
21°
12°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
19°
11°
Thu.
Mostly sunny
22°
12°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
23°
16°
Finally some cooler temperatures :)

How I am feeling this morning
Did not sleep superwell... hot! but woke up early and got up early because I have a ton of things to do.  The morning walk did me good and I'm ready to take on the day.

On my mind
Trying to figure out what I need to have in the house until Christmas... I'm afraid a 2nd wave of Covid is around the corner and all will close again.  And I'm trying to go out as less as possible.
Tired of all the pills, medical appointments, etc... want it all to be over and be back to 100% normal.

On the breakfast plate
Blueberry-banana-chocolate muffins I made yesterday with a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
Des nouvelles d'une petite ville T01 de Mario Hades

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 3)
Esprits criminels

On the menu this week
Lundi - chicken pot pie from the freezer
Mardi-  Bechamel sauce with hard-boiled eggs
Mercredi - spaghetti
Jeudi -  Grilled cheese
Friday - ?


From the camera

Picture taken from the web







Looking around the house
Lots to do!  Trying to find more things to declutter.  I'd like to make a few small changes too.. but some rooms need fresh paint and dh is not keen on that.  He is supposed to retire next spring... so it could be then.  will start to imagine what I want the rooms to look like.

On my to-do list  

Last weekend
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Bake muffins
  • Dusted main floor
  • Groceries
  • Weeded both sides of the house and the back
  • Reorganized pantry to leave a section for the baby food
  • Cut up cantaloup and some veggies
  • Ironed 2 shirts

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Take a small 20 min walk - DONE
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Vaccum basement - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Put away ds's hockey figurines in a plastic container - DONE
  • Mop floors
  • Fold towels
  • More laundry
  • 11:00 Haircut
  • lots more on the to-do list but not sure I'll get passed this point.

  • ....

To relax this week, I will  (or should I say in my crafting basket)
work on  knitted socks for mom
Make Christmas ornament prototype (still not done!)


Quote of the week 




4 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie! I'm so glad you got a lot of your medical appts out of the way. All of that stuff is so draining. I also fear we're all going to end up back in full lock down eventually too. It feels like it's inevitable with so many who won't do what's needed. I just do lots of praying! Lol
    It sounds like Xavier is going to be walking before you know it. Watch out! Lol
    Love your funny inspiration as always. 😊 Have a blessed week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about being prepared for the Fall/Winter. I'm stocking up on what I can just in case. I just don't want to cross the line and have thousands of rolls of toilet paper stored in my garage! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quote this week. I've been outstanding at work all week by those standards. Might have to let the boss know that ;) We are concerned about the lock down mode returning as well. I've been trying to slowly stock up on a few things but really do need to focus on Christmas just in case. So many unknowns,as a friend said last night, we're just going to all have to muddle through this. Hope you are having a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm running SUPER late this week - sorry! I'm with you on stocking up - I'm so afraid this will get worse before it gets better so have been doing the same with canned goods in particular. I'm glad your appointments are all behind you and that you're enjoying your grandson so much - they grow so fast! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete