Monday 3 August 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-08-03

Already August!

We are in the last stretch of vacations.  My husband's 3rd week and I should be back at work on Wednesday (I may take another day off though).

Last week was spent at home just taking care of things (washing front windows, regular household chores, laundry, decluttering, pay bills, grocery shopping).  My husband is doing repairs on our roof (and he did some on my son's roof too).  He also fixed doorbell... I think it never worked well in the 30 years I've lived here.
I had bloodwork on Friday.
We babysat Xavier Saturday and Sunday (daughter-in-law worked and my son was on a fishing trip with his friends).

We bought a used playpen (? playard) for Xavier as ours is getting old and sags a little.  we will keep the old one here and my husband will put a wooden plank in the bottom so it will be solid.  The other one will be theirs for when they go somewhere.  It was very solid and neat.

July was a good decluttering month (and all that is listed is already OUT of the house):

  • Cat litter box and cat litter (sold on Marketplace)... sold the same price we bought the playard on Marketplace
  • A cast-iron (?) cat door-holder (given to charity shop)
  • Small decorative water can (charity shop)
  • Horse candle holder (charity shop)
  • Single-bed comforter (charity shop)
  • Old make-up (garbage)
  • A shirt of my husband - brand new (given to my son)
  • 2 baby rattles (charity shop)
  • Decorative wooden bird (charity shop)
  • 3 binders (charity shop)
  • More baby toys (charity shop)
  • Computer bag (charity shoop)
  • My husband burned lots of papers of mother-in-law and lots of old income tax papers
  • Clothes (1 vest, 2 sweaters, 1 pair socks, 3 camis, 1 bathing suit, 2 t-shirts) (Charity shop)
  • 2 baskets
  • My daughter got rid of a full shelf of school papers
  • Back cushion for tv (garbage)
  • Baby changing table (charity shop)
  • 2 books


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Scattered showers
24°
16°
Tue.
Rain
23°
19°
Wed.
Rain
23°
15°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
23°
14°
Fri.
Mostly sunny
26°
16°
Sat.
Mostly sunny
27°
17°
Finally should be less hot for a few days!  I hate the too hot temperatures with full humidity.

How I am feeling this morning
Woke up a few times with hot sweats during the night and was awake at 6:00.  DH got up so I went back to sleep until 7:45! wow that never happens so I'm ready to start my day right now.


On my mind
Thinking of ways I can declutter even more.  Start my Christmas ornament prototype and stop procraftinating.

On the breakfast plate
Forgot I had an osteoporosis pill to take this morning so my breakfast will have to be reheated (you have to take the pill and eat at least 30 min. later)... eggs and toasts and some strawberries and oat milk

On my reading pile
Chroniques d'une petite ville T01 de Mario Hades

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 3)
Esprits criminels

On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -  
Friday - 
We will deal with it as we go as we are on vacation... we have pork tenderloin, chicken burgers, macaroni with meat sauce, sausages and beef tournedos in the freezer.

From the camera
A comfy picture from the web



Looking around the house
LOADS to do after a weekend with the kids and dog here.

On my to-do list  (have made a long to-do for vacations and after vacations, so picking from that list daily)

Today
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Wash dishes
  • Make banana cookies
  • Dust everywhere
  • Vaccum all 1st floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • ....

To relax this week, I will  (or should I say in my crafting basket)
I finished a pair of knitted socks for my niece's Christmas present.
Started a crochet scarf last weekend and will try to finish it today.  Still have some of that yarn so may try to start a hat to go with it.
Start a new pair of knitted socks
Make Christmas ornament prototype


Quote of the week 



5 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you are enjoying your vacation and getting a ton of things accomplished (hope you are using some of the time to relax as well). Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always nice to get things done around the house! Love the pic from the camera, it does look cozy! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great with the decluttering! It always feels good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy what is left of your vacation! Happy Monday and thank for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, love the quote! I'm glad your vacation is both relaxing and purposeful. It's always a good feeling to declutter. I'm with you, there's just something about the calendar turning to August that makes me feel motivated to work on Christmas DIY gifts.

    ReplyDelete