Monday 14 October 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-10-14 - Canadian Thanksgiving

Morning!  It is our Thanksgiving today so will be posting late.  It's a vacation day for us.

The weekend was at a camp we rented for the whole family to celebrate my parent's 55th anniversary.  
We had a great camp and the view was fantastic with all the Fall colors.  My parents had no idea it was for their anniversary.
Came back home Monday around 1:00 pm, and washed outside front windows... we gotta start winterizing.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom








The weather (in celsius)


Mon.
Scattered Showers
16°
3°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
12°
3°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
14°
8°
Thu.
Rain
9°
6°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
12°
3°


What I am reading
Beloved by Toni Morrison

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - season 6
L'échappée
District 31
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Discussion avec mes parents
Toute la vie
Une autre histoire
Ruptures
Alerte Amber
L'heure bleu
5e rang
Les invisibles
Le monstre
Le bon docteur
New Amsterdam

Menu - planning
No idea whatsoever... no time to think about that this wekend

On my to-do list 
The only thing that got done was washing windows in front of the house on Monday afternoon
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks  - both pair of socks are up to the easy parts so it will be put aside for awhile.

Crochet baby blanket (on my 4th ball of yarn)

Start crochet items for the baby

A simple pleasure
Fall colors!

From the camera
Grandparents and grandkids

Parents with us (brothers and sisters)

Mom, me and my daughter

View from camp patio

Mom and me



Quote of the week 



10 comments:

  1. Love Fall colors too!! Love your photos and the quote! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful life you are living! Enjoy each day. Be blessed!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving day. Great simple pleasure, the leaves around here are finally starting to change colors a bit more. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waht a wonderul post. full of family, beuaty, and good cheer. YOU Put mw to shame.. I leave the windows to hubs!! We are winterizing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun celebration in a great location! I don't see The Good Witch in your TV line-up any longer, did you finish all of the seasons? Have you watched the movies as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished season 5 of Good Witch. I've watched the movies too… waiting for season 6 :)

      Delete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you! What fun - family celebrations. I LOVE your inspiration. I'm curious, what do Thanksgiving dinners consist of in Canada? Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it dépends on the province you live in. Here Thanksgiving is not a big thing… for us it's just a free holiday, so Nothing special in the plans for dinners.

      Delete
  7. Happy belated Thanksgiving! What a great time of year to have it - better than NOvember in my opinion. Warmer and prettier time of year. 😉
    Love your quote too!
    Blessings on the rest of your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you can see, I'm running a week behind, Lucie. A belated HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I love all your photos! Look like you all had a lovely at the camp! Blessings for a great Sunday and I'll plan on seeing you again tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete