Monday 21 October 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-10-21


Morning!  

Busy weekend - we went to my parent's house (3 hours drive) for supper on Friday (we got off work at 2:00) and slept there.  
Saturday we went to Gatineau (2,5 hours drive) to see my daughter in her first body-sculpting competition (from 1:00 to 6:00) - she won 1st place in her category (trophy, flowers and a bag of supplements) as well as the best swimsuit ($100)   We left around 7:30 and drove back to my parents' house to sleep (my daughter stayed there another night with one of her friends and her trainer).
Sunday we had a family brunch (my dad's cousins) in Drummondville (1 hour from my parents' house).  Got back here at 4:00 pm.
Phew! lots of running around.   Today will be busy with housechores as it's been 2 weeks that I don't have time to do anything.

Last night had a kidney stone moving around - painful!  seems to be ok for now though.  Got up at 6:00 am to start my humongous to-do list.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom







The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Sunny
14°
3°
Tue.
Cloudy
11°
7°
Wed.
Rain
9°
5°
Thu.
Scattered Showers
9°
3°
Fri.
Mostly Cloudy
8°
1°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
7°
-2°



Today should be nice and sunny ... so will try to do some outside work

What I am reading
Beloved by Toni Morrison - taking me longer to read this one.. not sure I like it right now even though it's won lots of awards.

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - season 6
L'échappée
District 31
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Discussion avec mes parents
Toute la vie
Une autre histoire
Ruptures
Alerte Amber
L'heure bleu
5e rang
Les invisibles
Le bon docteur
New Amsterdam
Mr. Mercedes
Prodigal son
Killling Eve

Menu - planning
Monday: Dumplings, egg-rolls, rice
Tuesday: pizza on english muffins
Wednesday: sloppy joes
Thursday: grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday ?

On my to-do list 
A very long to-do! 

  • Wash main bathroom - DONE
  • Bake muffins - DONE
  • Laundry 
  • Take out screen window in bathroom and wash window inside/out - DONE
  • Prep overnight oats - DONE
  • Prep yogourts with fruits for me and dh - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes for tomorrow - DONE
  • Prep work clothes - DONE
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Pizza on english muffins
  • Wash outside windows (back of the house)
  • Finish cutting flowers out front - only a few left to do
  • Start decorating for Halloween
  • Send competition pictures to my daughter
  • Wash my daughter's bedding (she will be coming next weekend)
  • Pick up everywhere
  • Dust office - DONE
  • Dust rest of main floor

    What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
    Knitted wool socks  - both pair of socks are up to the easy parts so it will be put aside for awhile.

    Crochet baby blanket (on my 4th ball of yarn)

    Start crochet items for the baby

    A simple pleasure
    Looking at Gooseberry Patch cookbooks (received some from a friend last week :) )

    From the camera
    My pictures are awful! :(











    Quote of the week 


    10 comments:

    1. It's not even noon - you are killing that to-do list! :) Congrats to your daughter - a friend of mine has a similar competition next weekend.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Becki - I did do most of the list (except for the Halloween décorations)

        Delete
    2. Congrats to your daughter. You are getting through your to do list! Love pizza on an english muffin! Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you Jodi - we are very proud of my daughter - she worked very hard to get there.

        Delete
    3. Congrats to your daughter! How exciting. Oh, I love the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, so much fun to look through. Hope you have a wonderful week and I have a feeling you've probably already made amazing progress on that to-do list.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I did do most of my list Jean. Thanks from my daughter. I love those Gooseberry Patch books.

        Delete
    4. Hello Friend!
      Congrats to your daughter! She looks amazing!! I should hire her as a trainer. Lol You do have a crazy to-do list. Wow! Hope it all goes well 😊
      Love your quote. Haha! Way to tell them! Have a great rest of your week ❤️

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. My daughter is Following her classes to become a trainer too, so you are welcome. In fact her trainer was from Washington DC and she met her for the 1st time in real for the competition. Have a great Week too

        Delete
    5. I am sooooo late this week. Please forgive my tardiness. Congratulations to your daughter! Sounds like it made a super busy weekend for you though! I hope you had a GREAT week. See you again tomorrow.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Suicide training now a days, do you know what the baby is? How many grands do you have?and enjoyed my visit to your blog and will come again. I got here from Homemaker Monday!

      ReplyDelete