Monday 7 October 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-10-07

Morning!  October is here

A regular 4-day work week.  We had our fire-alarm exercise at work on Friday.. and it was cold!  Also had my 1st 'sentinelle' job to do... had to tell a coworker to go make her personal calls in a room and not in front of everybody - I wasn't there when it happened but I was told I had to go tell her because she disrupted everyone - she was talking very loudly with her daughter (I've heard her before and it really is disrupting).  

Had a spanish dinner on Thursday and posture class on Friday.  Friday we ran errands after work - got a new kitchen faucet as the other was leaking and did groceries.

Over the weekend my husband mowed the lawn, put the wood structure inside the gazebo so the roof doesn't crash with the weight of snow during the winter, changed kitchen faucet, and cut a few branches off the tree.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Rain
14°
8°
Tue.
Mostly Sunny
15°
2°
Wed.
Mostly Sunny
16°
4°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
16°
5°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
15°
6°
Sat.
Scattered Showers
13°
8°
Sun.
Showers





It's raining today but I love a rainy day.






What I am reading
Faith by Peter James

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - season 6
The Good witch - season 5
L'échappée
District 31
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Discussion avec mes parents
Toute la vie
Une autre histoire
Ruptures
Alerte Amber
L'heure bleu
5e rang
Les invisibles
Le monstre
Le bon docteur
New Amsterdam

Menu - planning
Monday - Chicken stir fry
Tuesday - Chicken dumplings with something else
Wednesday - sloppy joes
Thursday -  Grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

On my to-do list 

Saturday:
  • Stretching
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Vaccumed basement
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Dusted and picked up all main floor
  • Got ebooks on a usb key to mail to one of my friends
  • Paid bills
Sunday:
  • Stretching
  • Bake muffins
  • Cut and freeze some bell peppers
  • Bake a pear/blueberry cobbler
  • Cook 2 dozen sausages wrapped in bacon and freeze for the Holidays
  • Wash my bedding and add winter blanket
  • Go to my son's house and help daughter-in-law dig holes for tulips... but we couldn't find the buds afterwards ☺ - we did find a figurine of a carpentar wrapped in saranwrap in one of the holes!
  • Tons of hand-washed dishes
  • Load and unload dishwasher
  • Take the length of a pair of jeans to hem on Monday.
  • Menu plan 
Monday: 
  • A few minutes of stretching
  • Post here - DONE
  • Call mom
  • Prep work clothes - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes - DONE
  • Cook rice
  • Prep stock to go to cabin next weekend
  • Pumpkin / chocolate cookies
  • Hem pants
  • Have a long list of to-do's to pick from depending what I feel like doing (crafting or chores).
  • ... 
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks  - both pair of socks are up to the easy parts so it will be put aside for awhile.

Crochet baby blanket (on my 4th ball of yarn)

Start crochet items for the baby

A simple pleasure
Making lists

From the camera

2 autres 'passages insolites' de Québec




Avec Marie-Josée Taillefer (local star)


Quote of the week 

16 comments:

  1. I love your quote.. so funny!!! We have one thing in common at least, I am a lover of making lists.. My problem is getting the list accomplished!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to make my daily list realistic… but I have side lists that Don't Always get accomplished :)

      Delete
  2. What an interesting thing to find as you're digging tulip bulb holes... I guess it must have been put there by a previous resident?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, since the previous owner built his own house, we are just wondering why?

      Delete
  3. I love your quote! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote - so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that song and your quote really made me smile. I also just don't understand people having personal conversations in front of people. I hope things get quieter with the co-worker. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Lucie! I'm so far behind in visiting all the Happy Homemakers this week. More chilly temperatures for you - love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not gone around making my HHM visiting either!

      Delete
  7. Ahahaha! I love the quote and WISH I was brave enough to actually do that! LOL! Thanks for posting 'Laughter in the Rain'! It's one of my husband and I's favorite "us" songs. Had to listen to it several times before moving on. Hope you're enjoying a great week! Blessing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm not brave enough to do it… but I'm working on it :) I love that song, it's just good for the soul.

      10 October 2019 at 08:41

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your visit. This is hilarious. I don't think I'd have the nerve to do it either.

    ReplyDelete