Monday 30 September 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-09-30

Morning!  Last day of September... winter is a-coming...

Monday I picked up my son's dog while they went to the prenatal class.

Tuesday I went to town for a mamography, a osteodensiometrie and ran some errands  - I needed new pants... all my other ones are too small :(  Also made a Costco run (but have to return the 2 shirts I bought for me as they don't fit).  Left at 6:30 in the morning and was back here at 2:30 without having lunch!

Wednesday and Thursday was super busy at work.

Friday I was off again as I had an osteo appointment, followed by groceries and dollarstore errands.  In the evening I went to see knitting lady so I can continue with my 2 pairs of socks.

Saturday was chores day and my husband worked all day at my son's house (something to do on the outside of the house).

Sunday was a slower day.  Daughter-in-law was here for the afternoon (my son was at his hockey game) and then they stayed for supper with Zac-the-dog, sister-in-law and brother-in-law.  


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly Cloudy
14°
8°
Tue.
Scattered Thunderstorms
14°
8°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
13°
2°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
11°
4°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
10°
2°
Sat.
Mostly Sunny



Fall temperatures this week...

What I am reading
Un parfum d'irlande by Erin Yorke

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - season 6
The Good witch - season 5
L'échappée
District 31
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Discussion avec mes parents
Toute la vie
Une autre histoire
Ruptures
Alerte Amber
L'heure bleu
5e rang
Les invisibles
Le monstre
Le bon docteur
New Amsterdam

Menu - planning
Monday - Chicken tournedos with potatoes and carrots on the grill
Tuesday - Chicken stir fry
Wednesday - spaghetti
Thursday -  Grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

On my to-do list 
Friday I picked up the groceries and did laundry (3 loads)

Saturday:
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Made some spaghetti sauce (froze it to take to cabin we rented on Canadian Thanksgiving weekend with the family)
  • Painted dollarstore pumpkins for my Fall decor
  • Did tons of hand-washed dishes
Sunday:
  • Mop kitchen, kitchenette, hallway and bathroom floors
  • Bake muffins
  • Plant tulip buds
Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Call mom
  • Prep work clothes - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes - DONE
  • Finish knitting heels of one of the pairs of socks
  • Pick up dog
  • Afternoon - haircut and color
  • ... 
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks  - was doing good after going to see knitting lady but dropped a stitch and had to undo the part of the sock that was knit :(

Crochet baby blanket (on my 4th ball of yarn)
Ordered some orange yarn from amazon (couldn't find any in the stores near here)

A simple pleasure
Painting pumpkins and pinecones!

From the camera
My Fall decor







Quote of the week 

9 comments:

  1. Your fall decor looks so pretty.. I Love your header for the blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! We watch New Amsterdam too. I really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love autumn too. I got to put on jeans today instead of shorts because we're headed to higher altitudes. Beautiful pics... I always approach haircuts with dread as it often doesn't come out right, good look with yours though! Love, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Fall decorations are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrr, temperatures are really dropping in your area. Love your fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're having some serious fall weather like us! Sounds like you had a really busy week and have another this week - I hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Fall decor!! And that cart is adorable!! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fall decor, very cozy. Painting pumpkins and pine cones sounds fun. Hope you have a great week & a wonderful fall season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Lucy! I love your background and the lovely photo that you've got at the top of your blog! Beautiful! Painting pumpkins and pinecones sounds like fun! (Sounds like something that I should be doing with the grandchildren!) Have a great rest of the week and a lovely October! 💗

    ReplyDelete