Monday 23 September 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-09-22

Morning!

Started a new class during my Friday lunch hour - posture 101 - don't know if it'll continue as there are too few of us.
Work was... blah!  

Hot and sunny on Saturday.  Sunday was hot but raining off and on.

Had some visitors this weekend, my sister, brother-in law, cousin and his girlfriend.  They arrived with their motorcycles on Saturday for supper and left Sunday morning after breakfast.  They wanted us to join them in town in the afternoon Saturday but my husband had too much things to finish up around here (he did some work at my son's house Saturday morning) - we worked all day with chores.  
We had a great time, ended up going to bed late on Saturday night with all the chatting going on.  Had made a lasagna for supper.

Sunday was more of a relaxing day.  

Tuesday I have a mamography, a osteodensiometrie and then I will run errands while in town.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom






The weather (in celsius)


Mon.
Rain
21°
12°
Tue.
Showers
14°
10°
Wed.
Mostly Cloudy
16°
11°
Thu.
Showers
18°
9°
Fri.
Mostly Sunny
18°
8°
Sat.
Scattered Showers
18°
10°




What I am reading
Les enfants maudits de Summerbourne by Emma Rous

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - season 6
The Good witch - season 5
Big Brother 
L'échappée
District 31
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Discussion avec mes parents
Toute la vie
Une autre histoire
Ruptures
Alerte Amber
L'heure bleu
5e rang
Les invisibles
Le monstre
Le bon docteur
New Amsterdam


Menu - planning
Monday - chicken pot pie (didn't happen last week)
Tuesday - To be determined depending what time I get home from errands
Wednesday - Breakfast for supper
Thursday -  Grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

On my to-do list 
Friday we picked up the groceries

Saturday:
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Vaccumed basement
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Laundry, laundry, laundry
  • Made up 2 beds for guests

Sunday:
  • Laundry (Beddings of 2 beds)
  • Cut up pineapple
  • Did dishes

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • go to knitting lady to get unstuck on socks
  • Call mom
  • Cook beets
  • Pick up dog
  • ... 
Tuesday:

  • Mammography
  • Bone density test
  • Errands
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks - stuck

Crochet baby blanket (on my 3rd ball of yarn)

A simple pleasure
Laughing with family members

From the camera
Canons in old Québec 






Quote of the week 

12 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at your quote!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a grilled cheese.. Hehehe, Best wishes on your mammo and bone density.. I just had the BD.. not bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy-peasy for the bone Density. Results to follow in how long? who knows!

      Delete
  3. Funny thing about seeing this cannon. At the island they shoot one off once the sun has set. I guess it's a new tradition over there now, but it scares the heck out of you when you are not expecting it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A real canon shot? that would be scary when unexpected.

      Delete
  4. That is a hilarious quote! Quebec is on our bucket list - I seem to remember there is an Ice Festival?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carnaval de Québec! Winter festival with ice sculptures, and lots of fun!

      Delete
  5. Your quote this week made me laugh. Always nice to be able to spend time with family. Hope all goes well today & you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a nice visit with family and your menus look great! I think I need to add chicken pot pie to my own menus soon! Love the cannons in Old Quebec and yes! Cute quote! LOL! Hope you're having a great week! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Lovely!
    I hope all of your tests go well. And I love that quote! 😆Too cute. I like your pretty blog backdrop It's going to look like that around the northwoods here before I know it! I'm not ready!! ❄️ Lol Have a blessed rest of the week

    ReplyDelete