Monday 16 September 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-09-16

Morning friends

Restarted Spanish lunches on Thursday (at my work place).  Went out to visit Le Diamant (a new theater in town) during one of my lunch hours.  

Was a busy week at work... my old jobs are coming back to me after all (they had been given to other people but people keep leaving).

Starting tonight and for 4 Mondays my son and daughter-in-law are having prenatal classes so I have to go get the dog in the afternoon and they will pick him up here.


Now on with our regular programming

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom






The weather (in celsius)


Mon.
Cloudy
18°
8°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
16°
6°
Wed.
Sunny
18°
6°
Thu.
Mostly Sunny
21°
13°
Fri.
Mostly Sunny
24°
14°




What I am reading
Je reviendrai te chercher by Guillaume Musso

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - season 6
The Good witch - season 5
Big Brother 
L'échappée
District 31
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Discussion avec mes parents
Toute la vie
Une autre histoire
Ruptures
Alerte Amber
L'heure bleu
5e rang
Les invisibles
Le monstre
Le bon docteur
New Amsterdam
Way too much to watch

Menu - planning
Monday - chicken pot pie
Tuesday - Chinese macaroni
Wednesday - spaghetti
Thursday -  Grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

On my to-do list 
Friday we picked up the groceries

Saturday:
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Dusted all main floor
  • Repaired a shirt for dh
  • Laundry, laundry, laundry
  • Ironing
  • Prepped 2 b-day cards with $$ in it (for niece & nephew)
  • Washed 3 top kitchen cabinets
Sunday:
  • Washed 6 top kitchen cabinets
  • Went to mass (for FIL)
  • Made muffins
  • Did dishes and unloaded, loaded dishwasher a few times

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep work and gym clothes for tomorrow  - DONE
  • go to knitting lady to get unstuck on socks
  • Wash shower in main bathroom
  • Make appointment for mammography and bone density
  • Pick up prescription
  • Laundry
  • Finish last 2 top kitchen cabinets
  • Prep chinese macaroni
  • Cut more flowers
  • Plant bulbs
  • Craft
  • Pick up dog
  • ... 

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks - stuck

Crochet baby blanket - think I figured out where I was having trouble, should go quickly from here

A simple pleasure
Being alone in the house

From the camera

Doors (from my walks in Old-Quebec)





Quote of the week 

20 comments:

  1. There is something so nice about having the house to yourself for a bit isn't there? Love the photos of the doors. Fascinating architecture. Funny quote (and true, lol). Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean - I love old doors… such fine craftsmanship

      Delete
  2. With our 90 degree days, I am loving your temps.. yes, I know they are C°.. but so are 60's and 70's for us... YOu reminded me that I want to get some bulbs.. thanks for that because I often forget!!!Have a lovely week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the cool temps but our forecast for Sunday is HOT, 32C (with humidity)… too hot for my liking.
      Didn't get to planting the bulbs, hope to do so next week

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed stopping by! The pictures of the doors are beautiful. I truly love old architecture! Praying for you this week! Hopes great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been craving chicken pot pie, its going to have to happen real soon! Those door pics are cool! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally instead of chicken pot pie we had meat pie.. they are store-bought but I need to make some soon too.

      Delete
  5. lol the quote. They bulge even more here at high altitude! I love Old Quebec city... ahhh memories. Now about big brother... I kind of hope the two women are left as the two guys are just snake-like. Really terrific doors!! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the girls too but I think Michie played a great game (he won lots of competitions)… at first I didn't like him at all, now not too bdd (except for the Tommy episode).

      Delete
  6. Busy, busy as always! I wish my workplace had language classes at lunchtime. Love the doors, we like to visit the older parts of towns and check out the architecture. Loved Old Montreal when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the spanish 'class', it's just some of us that decided to get together and eat our lunch with some hispanic people… most times I find a Spanish text to read and we work on that. Old Québec is even nicer than old Montréal… in fact much nicer!

      Delete
  7. Your menus look good and I love the door pics...especially the first one. And...ahahahaha! I love the quote! So true! Have a great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca - yep the quote is true :) Have a great Week too.

      Delete
  8. I love old doors, they have so much charm. Lovely pictures. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sandra I do love looking at old doors.. would change ours in a heartbeat if my husband would agree.. but the metal doors are better for our cold winters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photos. You got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hon!
    You are always one busy Lady. So impressed with your productivity each week.
    And I love your artistic eyes with the doors during your visit. Great pics and I love the beauty in each of them!
    Wishing you a blessed rest of your week. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by Carrie - I love the old doors too. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete