Monday 18 March 2019

Happy homemaker 2019-03-18

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

We babysat my son's dog Friday night and he slept over part of the night.  
Sunday afternoon we did some errands, Ikea, costco and grocery store.  So for now we've got food!

The snow has started melting, we can see out the window now.  

The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Mostly Cloudy
-2°
-15°
Tue.
Mostly Sunny
-2°
-13°
Wed.
Cloudy
3°
-1°
Thu.
Showers
4°
-3°
Fri.
Mostly Cloudy
3°
-7°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
1°
-7°
Sun.
Partly Cloudy
3°
-7°


What I am reading
Les portes du Québec T3  by Jean-Pierre Charland.  Historic fiction novel in Quebec City in the late 1800's.

On my tv 
Les pays d'en Haut
'O
L'heure bleue
Unité 9
La pecheresse
L'échappée
Les invisibles
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Les naufragés de l'amour
Le bon docteur 
New Amsterdam
Regular programs are starting to end this street, good now I'll have time to do something else! :)

Menu - planning
I had planned the menu but with all those errands yesterday, it has changed.

Monday - Sauce blanche aux oeufs 
Tuesday - Chicken lo mein (cotsco's)
Wednesday - Stuffed bell pepers (costco's)
Thursday - smoked meat sandwiches
Friday?

On my to-do list 
Over the weekend I vaccumed main floor, baked muffins, did laundry, decluttered some more and paid some bills.

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Call mom - DONE
  • Craft
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Take down St-Patrick's decor
  • Wanted to go see knitting lady but the snowbanks are still high and can't see when I back up from her driveway, so will probably wait for another week.
  • Overnight oats
  • Laundry
  • Letter to a friend
  • ...
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
knitted socks ... they seem to be stopped, I am at the heel and stuck.  
Crochet cowl
Start crochet Christmas gifts
Need to plan felt crafts for Nieces and nephew and put them in ziploc bags, ready to work on.

Looking forward to
Having lunch with my friends tomorrow

What I have in my bedside drawer
Voltaren cream, vicks, flashlight, orajel, bank book, $$, paper, pen, sudoku puzzles, a coaster, a moxa stick, ear plugs, photo in memorium of my niece, handwritten coupon from my son (when he was young) saying he would set the table :)  

From the camera

More bathroom pictures form a few weeks back. Washer and dryer are now installed as well as closet doors.




Quote of the week 

I know St-Patrick's was yesterday but this is what I had put on my FB page... my friends know I am a Christmas nut, so they will find this appropriate. :)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. I love the cartoon, very funny! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready to take down the little St Patty's Day stuff and get out my Easter stuff!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on the bathroom - I know you'll be thrilled to have this project finished soon. Have a GREAT week and hope spring comes to your neck of the woods VERY soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lovely!
    I love reading your posts to see all the French. I try to figure out some of your tv titles I don't know and your meal plan. I took 4 years of french WAY back in high school and have always adored that language.

    It must feel so good to make great progress in your bathroom! Can't wait to see it all done. Blessings on your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bathroom is looking great :) Hope you're having a fantastic week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings, Lucy! As you can see, I'm running way behind this week. I hope you've had a great week and weekend! Your bathroom is coming along nicely and I loved your St. Patty's Day funny! :D And I remembered! Tomorrow is Rudolph Day! I plan on celebrating by working on Christmas gifts and maybe watching a Christmas movie! :D See you tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete