Monday 11 March 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-03-11

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

Monday we had my brother and sister-in-law come over for supper as well as my son and his girlfriend.  My brother slept here (they live 3 hours away) and they went visiting Old Québec on Tuesday (the went ice-skating too).
Tuesday I was to have my 1st-aid training at work but didn't get to go as there was an 'emergency' at work :(  it is pushed back to June.
Toilet got installed Saturday in main bathroom!

We had another foot of snow since yesterday and for now it's still snowing, the winds seem to want to pick up... if it does it'll be a blizzard!
Love to stay in the house and watch it all.  As long as I don't have to drive in it, it's ok.

We babysat my son's dog Friday night and he slept over.

The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Snow
2°
-7°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
-1°
-10°
Wed.
Mostly Cloudy
2°
-2°
Thu.
Cloudy
6°
3°
Fri.
Rain
7°
2°
Sat.
Rain and Snow
3°
-7°
It should start melting with the temperatures this week

What I am reading
Les portes du Québec T3  by Jean-Pierre Charland.  Historic fiction novel in Quebec City in the late 1800's.

On my tv 
Les pays d'en Haut
'O
L'heure bleue
Unité 9
La pecheresse
L'échappée
Les invisibles
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Les naufragés de l'amour
Le bon docteur 
New Amsterdam

Menu - planning
Monday - Tourtière (meat pie)
Tuesday - Macaroni chinois et egg-rolls
Wednesday - Ham and potatoes in the crockpot
Thursday - Spaghetti (did not have it last week)
Friday?

On my to-do list 
Over the weekend I vaccumed basement and main floor and washed both bathrooms.  My muffins and overnight oats were made too.  Did tons of laundry and picked up a bit everywhere.  Also got a cut and color (new hairdresser).

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Pay bills
  • Prep macaroni chinois
  • Order a few things on Amazon
  • Craft
  • Continue decluttering
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
knitted socks ... they seem to be stopped, I am at the heel and stuck.
Crochet another cowl - finished the one I was doing last week.

Looking forward to
Seeing a kinesitherapeut at work tomorrow for my plantar fasciitis.

Something interesting
I found a new group on FB called Creating a cozy life - Hygge style, it looks nice and calm!

A simple pleasure
Smell of fresh bread

From the camera
Finished cowl (it was a yarn with all the colors mixed up in it)



Our view from the front window


The front of our house



Quote of the week 

9 comments:

  1. I like your cowl, love the colors :)

    Hope your snow leaves soon and stays gone for a long time. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you poor dear... those cold temps give me chill bumps and those photos... glad you are a keen knitter.. I love the scarf.. I think Id knit myself a body scarf!!! and then get back to bed!!! God bless you as you look forward to the thaw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you are in serious need of SPRING with ALL that snow. Glad you can stay in too watch it! My hand is raised. If the sun comes out here today our snow will probably finish melting though it's only 25 degrees right now so it will have to warm up a bit too.

    Sounds like you've been having a lot of family fun! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cowl is beautifully done! I love the colors you used! I have tries knitting and crocheting and for the life of me I can not do it! I admire those who can! Its such a beautiful craft! Your snow pictures are amazing! It makes me miss the snow! Where I live now we don't get much! I do remember there was a point you are over it for a season!Praying you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf looks great! I am loving your photo's of the snow, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cowl.. And brrr still so much snow! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. snow... now we're not getting just snow... might be high winds and worse. Oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello lovely Lady! Sorry to hear about your training being pushed back. That's a bummer.
    Love your cowl - it turned out beautifully!! I need to get my hair done soon and may try to go a bit different too.
    I ADORE your inspiration and relate way too well with it. I'm so tired of our endless snow banks. Ugh!! Spring has to be around the corner now, right?
    Blessings on your week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That snow! Wowza, too much for March. Hope it melts down soon, you need to see the ground. Makes for cozy days though and hope you have a wonderfully cozy rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete