Monday 25 March 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-03-25

Happy Rudolph day!

Hope you get to enjoy some Rudy day fun.

Last Friday I had lunch with a cw who retired last year as well as 5 other co-workers.  We had fun and a great lunch... but it was expensive for a lunch.
My daughter is on a Cruise in the Carribeans this week with Beachbody group.  Hope she has a great vacation.

Saturday we went to visit some friends but there were out so we went to Tim Hortons and I had the new handmade Earl Gray tea (not impressed), dh had some hot chocolate and a chocolate donut and we drove around for awhile.
Sunday night we went to my son's house for supper - we had a pizza night :)  

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Mostly Cloudy
-2°
-13°
Tue.
Mostly Sunny
-2°
-12°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
4°
-6°
Thu.
Scattered Showers
7°
1°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
4°
-2°
Sat.
Rain and Snow
2°
-1°

Warming up, will make the snow melt!


What I am reading
In Ténébris from Maxime Chattam

On my tv 

'O
L'heure bleue
Unité 9
L'échappée
Les invisibles
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Le bon docteur 
New Amsterdam
Les Américains
La Vraie Nature
Une autre histoire
Some regular programs are finished and most of the others will finish this week 


Menu - planning
Monday - Ham and cheese pie
Tuesday - Smothered pork chops with potatoes
Wednesday - Hot chicken sandwiches and fries
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches... been a few weeks we had these on Thursdays (my husband has guitar lessons in the evening and we are in a hurry), so he has declared Thursday nights - grilled cheese night... fine with me!  good and quick
Friday?

On my to-do list 
Over the weekend I vaccumed main floor, baked muffins, did overnight oats, baked a cake with fruits in it, made some vanilla pudding, did laundry and general pick up everywhere.  I made Easter cards for my niece and nephew and a card for my nephew birthday (next Sunday).  I also hemmed a pair of jeans for dh.

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow 
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Call mom 
  • Craft
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Take out Easter Decor
  • Laundry
  • Prep pork-chops and potatoes for tomorrow night
  • Plan birthday gifts for my daughter and my son (April)
  • Check out a Memphis trip with my sis, bil, cousin and his girlfriend for July
  • lots of other odds and ends ...
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
knitted socks ... they seem to be stopped, I am at the heel and stuck.  
Crochet cowl
Start crochet Christmas gifts
Need to plan felt crafts for Nieces and nephew and put them in ziploc bags, ready to work on.

Looking forward to
Being able to sit outside in the sun for a few minutes

From the camera



Don't have new pictures on the camera but here is a Bunny I would like to make for my Easter decor.  I found it on FB, free tutorial.

Now... to make it ;)


Quote of the week 


18 comments:

  1. Hi you've got a great week planned. Check out YouTube for sock tutorials. You'll find help for heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will. I do have a lady to teach me... I just need to take the time to go see her.

      Delete
  2. How are you liking New Amsterdam? I just love the actor who plays the main character. So cute! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him too! such a cutie pie :)
      I do like New Amsterdam and wish our 'thinkers' would act instead of losing time with rules and regulations... and doing nothing. Just like Max does.

      Delete
  3. I had never heard of Rudolph day, but looked it up and it sounds like a great fun way to stay on track. I agree with your comment on wishing that more of the people in charge think like Max, New Amsterdam's new chief! I wish he were real instead of a TV character! That bunny is really cute - can't wait to see how it turns out. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that bunny is so cute!!! I am going to have to try and make one! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute... but haven't found the fabric I need to make it. will go and try to find something that would fit

      Delete
  5. That is a super cute bunny! Reading about Rudolph day reminds me I need to figure out 2 Christmas presents to get my kids this month. I managed to stick to doing it for January and February. Hope you get to sit out in the sun a lot this week. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great work on prepping for Christmas. I looked up stocking stuffers for Rudy day and prepped some felt ornaments for my niece and nephew

      Delete
  6. Max is very attractive... his kindness and decency show through.
    happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it describes him very well. He is a good person.

      Delete
  7. Happy Rudolph Day, Luci! This is the first month I've remembered it and I hope to settled down here in a bit with a Christmas movie and some Christmas crafting! Thanks for the inspiration! :) Your menus look great and I love the bunny! It is my dream to someday visit Canada and have a cup of tea and a doughnut at Tim Horton's. (I know, it really doesn't take much to entertain me, but it's true. That's one of the things on my Life Bucket List.) :D Blessings for a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! It doesn't take much to entertain me either. We rarely do go out for tea an dessert and it was fun.

      Delete
  8. Hello Friend!
    I also have never heard of Rudy day. Sounds really cool! ;) As always your menu sounds yummy! And that craft looks so cute and perfect for Spring bunny time
    Blessings to you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie. Rudy day is the day of the month where we spend some time thinking or prepping or having fun for Christmas.

      Delete
  9. Hello!
    Such a nice post to read as I sip my evening coffee.
    Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know where you find the time and energy for all that you do. Your menu sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete