Monday 3 December 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-12-03

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Rain and Snow
3°
-7°
Tue.
Mostly Sunny
-4°
-9°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
-2°
-5°
Thu.
Snow Showers
0°
-8°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
-6°
-13°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
-6°
-8°
Sun.
Partly Cloudy
-4°
-10°

It snowed all day yesterday, everything is white and the trees are heavy with snow, it looks nice out.

What I am reading
La petite maison du 6e rang T1 by Micheline Dalpé

On my tv 
Regular programs (most of them) are on Christmas break
Christmas movies 

Menu - planning
Monday - Beef, veggie, casserole
Tuesday - Sausages, potatoes and veggies
Wednesday - Macaroni chinois
Thursday - Dump soup and grilled cheese

On my to-do list
Done during the weekend
Regular housechores.  More wrapping.  Cooked and froze italian sausages (in slices), veal sausages.  Laundry.  Freezer inventory (already pretty full for the Holidays).  Put empty Christmas boxes under the garage.

Monday
- More laundry - STARTED
- Post here
- Overnight oats for my breakfasts
- Call mom
Prep gym clothes and lunch for tomorrow  - DONE
- Wash basement bathroom
- Prep insurance papers for stomach pills
- Prep macaroni chinois
- Bake muffins
- One thing-a-room declutter
- Exercise 
- Finish vaccum in basement
- Pick up a package at the post office (meaning I have to get the snow and ice off the car)
- Review timeline for party on Dec 31st - DONE


What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
knitted socks 

Something interesting I watched
Christmas movies

Looking forward to
Being able to sit down, watch a Christmas movie and knit this afternoon

A simple pleasure
Opening up my advent calendars.
I made one with my pouches and put something relaxing in it for me, then I bought one with Lindt chocolate (that was not in the plans, but...) and I got a lottery ticket one.  I won $5 on that one for Dec. 1st.

From the camera

December 1st - advent calendar (1 for me and 1 for ds's girlfriend)

I think the cat thought it was too hot in the house, so she is sleeping on ice of the skating rink.


Quote of the week 


3 comments:

  1. Advent calendars are so much fun and all the better if they contain chocolate ;) I've never heard of one with lottery tickets, what an interesting concept. That'd be a hit with my husband. Congrats on your win! The cat looks super cozy there in the window. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed stopping by! I loved the picture of your kitty! I love how you described the snow on the trees! I miss living in the mountains and the snowfall there in the winter! I hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable picture of the advent calendars and elves! And I LOVE the cat picture - it's so amazing how they can make themselves fit wherever they want to be! I also love your quote - too cute! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete