Monday 6 March 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-03-06

Good morning

What a week we had.  Super busy at work with the new computer system ... it is having lots of failure and we are in the news daily.

Wednesday night my youngest brother came with his daughter (his son was at a friend's house), it was their spring break.  

Thursday I worked but the guys and niece went to the wildlife park near here for a walk in the snow and to see the birds.  DH picked up grandkids at daycare in the afternoon (parents worked in town) and they slept over.  They were very happy to see my brother and their cousin. 

Friday, dh drove grandkids to daycare after breakfast.  I worked in the morning as I could not take off... drowning in work.. (did take care of a few things in the afternoon even though I had officially requested half a day of vacation) and I had an upset stomach most of the day (my normal sickness).  Niece woke up not feeling well, slight fever and vomiting.  She vomited throughout the day. she slept on the couch on and off.  In the evening guys went to a hockey game for other niece and I stayed with her (she is 15).  She stopped vomiting around supper time but did not eat all day and just a little gastrolite in the evening.  she did have half a cup of chicken broth before bed.

Saturday dniece woke up feeling better.  She did not eat much for breakfast but at least she ate.  I offered her things around the house (yay for me deluttering).  The left around 11:30.  Dh went to nephews hockey game at noon.  

Had quite an adventure with dh's seller from Marketplace.  He was to come at 9:30 but no news... at 10:20 police calls.. he had called them saying he thought dh had an incident or something because he had not answered his phone (it was on airplane mode it seems??) and he had knocked and no lights... it was in the morning of course no lights.  And he had knocked on garage door instead of side door so we never heard him.  Policeman came to check we were allright.  weird!  

Sunday woke up to left leg numb.  tried to make an appointment with osteopath but she is unavailable for the next 12 months on her virtual calendar!  so guess I'll have to find another one, have looked but none around here.  might go to chiropractor if it's the same on Monday.

Leg is better this morning but have a splitting headache.  Was going to try to do some more deep-cleaning but will see as I go.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Mostly cloudy
2°
-5°
Tue
Snow showers
1°
-2°
Wed
Scattered showers
4°
-1°
Thu
Snow showers
3°
-7°
Fri
Partly cloudy
3°
-6°



Looking around the house
Floors could use a wash and I still have lots of spring cleaning to do, but sunshine is coming through the back windows and I can't wait to be able to go sit outside.

Thinking and pondering
Getting stuff ready for the trip.  I have packed my luggage but need to pick up a few things at the pharmacy

Best tv show this week

Les bracelets rouges


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week


Drawing class - child's face


Things on the menu this week
No idea

On my reading pile
Les filles de la Côte  - Fern Britton


On my to-do list
Over the weekend
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry, laundry and more laundry
  • Dust kitchenette
  • Vac main floor
  • Prep luggage
  • Send massage invoice to insurance
  • Wash and remake 2 basement beds
  • Wash all throws used by niece in the LR
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday 
  • Wash wood stair rails in LR
  • Wash woodwork in kitchen
  • Wash blinds in kitchen
  • ...

Decluttering

Given to niece
  • 7 books (told niece only 2 I MIGHT want back but don't want the others to come back)
  • 2 pairs of earrings
  • 1 paper pad
  • 4 3-ring binders
  • 1 plastic envelope for papers
  • 1 game DESTINY
Sold on marketplace
  • 2-person crosscut saw
  • Hay scythe
  • Sickle
other
  • Expired medicine
  • comb/mirror combination
  • 2 road maps
  • 1 pair of prescription sunglasses of dh - will be given to a place where they send them to other countries
Upcoming this week
A routine week  - in town for work on Tuesday, wednesday fodmap class at noon.  Having grandkids for supper the day their parents go in to work.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

To relax:
  • Read / watch some tv / make lists
Craft basket:
  • Knit socks
  • This week I signed up for a watercolor class on FB so will be trying that

My simple pleasure

Sitting in the sun and reading

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Watched a Fbook webinair about using up the produce we have.  Some things I knew but some things are new.  By a lazy nutritionnist so some good tips in there about freezing, organizing, basic recipes (muffins, potage, quiche...) where you can add whatever you have in the fridge.  Freezing fresh herbs and tomatoes as is without treatment, just in ziploc bags.  Freezing onions all cut up and taking out a handful as a time, as needed for cooking.

From the camera:

Grandkids with niece Naomie

Anne Élizabeth with my brother Éric



Saying of the week










5 comments:

  1. I hope your leg and headache are better soon - nothing worse than having an ailment when you have a big to do list. Adorable picture of your niece and the grand kids - so sweet. I hope your computer woes end soon - sounds like your work has been an ongoing challenge for awhile now. Have a great week and a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to spend a little bit of time with your niece and brother. I bet your niece liked getting some of your stuff. Hope your work stress eases up soon and that you start to feel better as well. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Lucie! So sorry work continues to be such a headache. Ugh! Glad you had nice visit with family (minus some sickness). I pray your leg and head feel better soon and that you can see the right people for treatment. I'm so glad you get to get away on a trip soon! Great family pics. And funny inspiration. ;) Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did so well on decluttering in January after reading your blog and seeing all you had done! I hardly did any in February so this month I will have to start up again! Good luck with your new computer system at work, I know how difficult that can be!

    ReplyDelete