Monday 27 February 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-02-27

Good last day of February 2023! 

We had grandkids thursday night for supper when parents worked in town and they slept over.  Dh drove them to daycare Friday morning.  

Friday night ds, ddil and grandkids arrived for supper and skating by the fire torches.  Hot-chocolate, cookies, marshmallows, hot-dogs.  Cold but we were well dressed.  There were some fireworks at 8:00 but we left before as the children were tired.  I watched a series on Netflix Friday night and finished it on Saturday night (the Squid games).  Lots of blood, but it was different than what we usually see.

Saturday we went to town for a few errands at costco, followed with a lunch at the shopping center.  SIL came with us too.  I got a few summer clothes from costco's.

Sunday was housechores.

Woke up this morning with backpain and headache. will take tylenols and hope it passes quickly.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Partly cloudy
-6°
-13°
Tue
Snow
-4°
-6°
Wed
Mostly cloudy
2°
-3°
Thu
Snow showers
1°
-12°
Fri
Partly cloudy
-4°
-14°


Looking around the house
On my small coffe table in the LR: a book Ancien Remedies by Dr. Josh Axe, a book ''2-step low fodmap eating plan" , my knitting needles and wool, a few cooking magazines, a box containing a small book of chinese massage, a small word search book, a sudoku book, a massage ball and a nail file.

Thinking and pondering
Snow is in the air for Tuesday, hope the roads will be good to go to work in-town. 
Work pressure.

Best tv show this week

The squid games.


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing



Things on the menu this week
Following the fodmap protocol phase 1 for 2 more weeks, so many things I need to omit this week or change to lactose-free and gluten-free

On my reading pile
Faux témoin  - Karine Slaughter

On my to-do list
Over the weekend
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Dust kitchenette
  • Wash all remaining ceilings on main floor (hallway, kitchen, kitchenette and LR). 
  • Started deep-cleaning in LR (walls, blinds, woodwork and fireplace) but still lots to do in there.
  • Had $$ to transfer to dh and ds 
  • Laundry
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work on Tuesday - DONE
  • Vac main floor - DH did it this morning
  • Fold towels - DONE
  • Pay cell phone - DONE
  • Boil some eggs - DONE
  • Cook some GF pasta for my lunch on Tuesday - DONE
  • Cook a pan of veggies ... decided on a veggie soup and it's on the stove right now - DONE
  • Took some chicken out of the freezer and will do that for supper ... sautéed with veggies.
  • Need to start looking at my list for the trip 
Decluttering
  • ...
Upcoming this week
A routine week  - in town for work on Tuesday, wednesday fodmap class at noon.  Having grandkids for supper the day their parents go in to work.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

To relax:
  • Trying to get some sun... even if it's just sitting inside the patio door.
  • Crossing off things on my deep-spring-cleaning list!
Craft basket:
  • Knit socks
  • Crochet pillow cover

My simple pleasure

Sitting in the LR by the flameless candles, having a tea and working on my to-do lists and watching some tv.

Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Energy is not always consistent at 100%.  It comes and goes.

From the camera:

Our new granddaughter's 1st time at the dentist (dd's boyfriend's little girl)



Saying of the week








3 comments:

  1. Every time see your temps I break out in a chill!!!! I tried my hand at knitting a few years ago. I am not a knitter! Wish I was !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm often outstanding, how wonderful :) Hope your medicine has kicked in and you are feeling better. My oldest son laughs at me because I for some reason had thought (never watched it) upon hearing about The Squid Games that it was real and was just appalled at it. He had to explain that of course, it's not real. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lucie! I hope you're feeling better and the tylenol did the trick! And I'm always praying your work pressures get better. I wish I knew how to knit and need to break out into some new crafts. ;) Love your funny! It's true! ;)

    ReplyDelete