Monday 19 December 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-12-19

Good morning and Merry Christmas as I won't be back here until next Monday and Christmas will be a thing of the past for 2022.

Recap of last week

Monday & Tuesday grandkids were here as daycare was closed (caretaker was sick).

Still coughing so I went to the local hospital last Wednesday (had coughed and been sick to my stomach all night) and seems it is just a viral bronchitis... so nothing to do just wait it out for a total of 5-6 weeks of coughing.  Took half a day off work to go to the hospital.

Had our Christmas lunch at work last Tuesday but did not go as I did not want to contaminate anyone so I teleworked instead.

Nothing got accomplished on the Holiday front because of all this... sigh... so happy lots was done in advance BUT I still have to deal with gifts and food.

Grandkids also saw their doctor on Wednesday. Xavier: laryngitis, pneumonia and infection in 1 ear.  Anne-E - infection in 2 ears.  And pharmacies are out of antibiotics so Anne-E is having some antibiotics but not strong enough - dr. says to take that and they will go back in 10 days to check it all out.

Public Health has told people if they have any symptoms of flu, cough, sore throat to stay home during the holidays but it is not mandatory.

Saturday dd was moving in with her boyfriend so we went (I just accompanied because dh did not want to do the 2hour drive alone).  Got there around 10 and was back home for 5:30.  Only the big things left to move.  We did bring back a double-bed here and the fridge.

Sunday was laundry and picking up and reorganizing basement (to put the double bed in ds's old room).  DH will have to go back to get the today.  He just left with bil and will be back by mid-afternoon.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - 



The weather
Mon
Snow showers
1°
-5°
Tue
Mostly cloudy
0°
-6°
Wed
Cloudy
-2°
-8°
Thu
Mostly cloudy
-3°
-5°
Fri
Rain and snow
5°
-7°
Sat
Snow showers

On my mind 
Health and healthy choices for 2023.  Finding my word of the year.  Planning.

Upcoming this week
Friday is the start of Christmas vacations!!  My family should arrive either Friday night or Saturday morning.
24th going to my son's house with the whole family and ddil's family. 
25th here with family - sis will bring all it takes for a brunch Sunday morning.

On the breakfast plate
Oat toast with a slice of american cheese and glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
Une promesse pour Noël by Fern Michaels

On my tv
Le Resident
Bull
When calls the heart (season 5)


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

How to make your home cozy 


On the menu this week
No idea - qui vivra verra

From the camera:



Looking around the house

Basement is all picked up, dusted and bathroom cleaned.  I know it's early for next weekend but it's done ... so it is what it is.  I put away the marketplace boxes (that are NOT selling) in a closet... closets are full but will be decluttered after Christmas.
Already thinking it will look bare in 2 weeks time with all Christmas decor gone.

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Dust, vac basement
  • Washed basement bathroom
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make up new bed in basement as soon as mattress gets here - washing some bedding right now for that
  • Dust and organize office
  • Dust and organize my bedroom
  • Make cream of millet
  • Prep some sausages / bacon
  • Would LOVE to paint the polar express with Jesse Robertson (free for the week) but not sure that'll happen.
  • Go over my time-line for the week
  • Make ice for drinks for next weekend


Decluttering

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
REST  - Watch Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music.

Quote of the week






4 comments:

  1. I wish you a lot of patience and recovery with that cough. Acute bronchitis is usually cured after two weeks. But the nagging cough can last for weeks. Are you very tired of it?

    The picture with the kids is gorgeous!
    Lots of love from the Netherlands.
    And I wish you a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and the rest of your family are healthy and feeling much better by Christmas! Bronchitis stinks, I've been down that road before...hot tea,lemon, & honey used to help me when the coughing got bad. Have a great week and a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours! I hope everyone recovers quickly. I know there is so much sickness going around everywhere! Enjoy time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you guys are sick. I'm behind on blog reading so didn't realize you've had the flu. Take good care of yourself. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete