Sunday 27 November 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-11-27

Good morning

Last week was residual headache and coughing from covid, but better now.  Super-uber busy at work and will be like that for awhile.

Grankids came for supper on Wednesday and Thursday.

My built-in oven was no longer working on broil and now the control doesn't work anymore.... so we found another one on marketplace, but it was 2 hours from here on our way to my parents.  So Saturday morning we picked it up (it isn't plugged in yet so no idea if it works or not but it should), then we went to my parent's house - I had brought lunch and sis brought supper.  we helped mom put up her Christmas tree.  One brother and niece came to see us and help with the Christmas decor.  

Sunday we had breakfast at sis's house with my 2 brothers and then we headed home.  Got here around 2:30 to unpack.

While my parents were at mass Sunday, I had 1 hour to get rid of 'stuff'... got 2 big garbage bags out of the house of just junk.  

We picked up a vaccum (dad told us to take it as mom doesn't use it), a 3-ski winter sled (was looking on marketplace to buy one last week - so that's a winner), some bubble bath (brand new 4X) to add to the kids' stockings, 2 small stockings (for dd's new kids), 2 small toy cars, 1 old toaster (wanted to throw it away but dh said he wanted to look at it first, sigh...), a dozen Christmas cards (she doesn't use them anymore and I needed to buy some) and some outdoor solar lights.  Darn! more stuff coming in the house.

Today we are babysitting as daycare is closed .  Educator has a meeting with govt agency to get his subventions.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - 





The weather
 
Mon
Snow showers
3°
-10°
Tue
Partly cloudy
-2°
-7°
Wed
Rain and snow
6°
0°
Thu
Snow showers
2°
-6°
Fri
Mostly cloudy
-3°
-4°

On my mind 
So much to do!  Even though I'm working towards Christmas I feel like I'm behind!  Cards are ready but don't have the stamps, no food done, not much done on the gift-front... sigh...
Too much pressure at work, too much to do.
Mom.

Upcoming this week
Thursday - in-town work followed by a girl's Christmas supper.  we were to be 8 but only 6 of us will be going.  

On the breakfast plate
Don't know yet

On my reading pile
Magic Lessons (the prequel) by Alice Hoffman - I'm liking it

On my tv
Personnes d'intérêt (saison3)
L'échappée
5e rang
Chanteurs masqués
Stats (saison 1)
Indéfendables (saison 1)
Doc
Le bon docteur
Discussion avec mes parents (saison 3)
Alertes 
Qui sait chanter
Une affaire criminelle
Entre deux draps
Les moments parfaits
Hôtel (saison 1)
Alerte (saison 2)
When calls the heart (season 3)


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Nothing


On the menu this week
will depend if I have a working oven or not.

From the camera:

 Jesse Robertson tutorial - snowman in snow globe I did last Monday

 

Looking around the house

Lots to do!

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Vac'd basement (dh has put new light fixtures in the ceiling tiles)
  • Laundry
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Babysit grandkids

Decluttering
  • None at home
  • 1 bag of 'stuff' of mom's to be sent to thrift store
  • 2 garbage bags of junk at mom's
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Just rest

Funny of the week






4 comments:

  1. Both of my kiddos just getting over the flu. The bugs sure are everywhere! God bless you dealing with all that stuff from your folks' place. I know how difficult that is. I've done a lot for the holidays and I still worry every year about being behind. 😆 That snow globe painting is adorable!! Great job Lady. And your funny is absolutely epic!!! Funniest one yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are over having Covid. There is so much going around here, both Covid & flu, lots of teachers out sick at work as well. Keeping me busy! I feel super behind with things for Christmas this year but I'm not too worried about it, always works out in the end. Hope you're in the middle of a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waving!!!! Just looking at your weather makes me cold. Stay warm and I hope your oven get fixed. Don't stress over what needs to be done, in the end it always comes together. Your smile is beautiful!

    Julieann xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with COVID. I hope you are completely well soon! I love the snowman in the globe, so festive and pretty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete