Monday 6 June 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-06-06

Good morning friends!

Recap of last week:

2 days of telework and 1,5 days at the office - I decided I can do like the others and do only half a day.  So my husband came to town at the same time and ran errands (costco returns) - this way no need to make 2 trips into town (me and him)... saves gas! and I worked the other half day from home.

So last week was NOT  a good declutter week as we picked up:

  • 2 tricycles (free)
  • 1 2 wheel bike for grandkids (free)
  • 1 pool seat for grandkids (free)... but this will be given away as we don't have a pool
  • 1 elliptical (free).. she wanted $100 2 weeks ago but had to empty appartment (in an elderly residence) so she was giving it away.
  • 1 table and 2 chairs for grandkids ($10)
  • 1 trailer ($$$)
Wednesday Xavier slept here - DDIL went with with Anne-Elizabeth to doctor's in the evening and DS had a ball game.  Anne-E has an ear infection and is on antibiotics.  DH drove him to daycare on Thursday morning.  DH sold the cement blocks in front of the house and the guy came from 9:30 to 11:15 pm to start picking them up... sigh... isn't that late on a weekday?

Friday my husband picked them up at daycare at 4:00 pm as both parents were working in town and running errands afterwards.  Grandkids had supper and their baths here and were picked up around 7:00.

Saturday was housechores and grandkids arrived at 3:00 (parents had golf and then supper and a music party afterwards).  
They left at 10:00 on Sunday.  

The guy came back for 2nd load of blocks on Saturday night - earlier this time - and loaded it too much and broke his trailer... sigh... so it was fixed in our entryway on Sunday.  They hired someone to weld it as the shaft had broken.  DH needs to remind them we are still awaiting 2nd payment.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Partly cloudy
21°
12°
Tue
Showers
23°
15°
Wed
Showers
22°
13°
Thu
Showers
18°
12°
Fri
Scattered thunderstorms
19°
11°
Warmer than last week but lots of rain!

On my mind 
Have a few things to do for Christmas in July... blogposts to plan, start Christmas ornaments for friends...
Need to start working in the basement

Upcoming this week
Thursday we have a team lunch at the restaurant so my in-office days this week will be Tuesday and Thursday.
Next weekend we have the grandkids from Friday after daycare until Sunday afternoon as kids are celebrating their 5th anniversary together (don't remember where their reservation is).

On the breakfast plate
Toasts and oat milk

On my reading pile

La fille du pasteur Cullen Tome 2 by ucy Diamond

On my tv
Absentia (2e saison)
La pecheresse (saison 3)
New Amsterdam
Movies from Lifetime channel
Christmas movies 

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

None


On the menu this week
Since my husband is still unofficially retired... no idea, it's a day at a time

From the camera:

Miss Anne-E on the phone



Looking around the house
Main floor looking fine but basement...ugggh


On my to-do list

This weekend
  • Vac main floor
  • Laundry
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Groceries
  • Dust main floor
  • Mop floors
  • Start prepping CIJ blogposts 
  • Paint Ireland with a Jesse Robertson tutorial
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • More laundry
  • Continue CIJ blogposts
  • Work in the basement
  • Throw away old purse and get stuff into another old purse
  • Put a 20 foot ladder on marketplace... sigh... sure wish some of the stuff on there would sell
Decluttering 
  • 1 baby walker (new ones don't walk) given to neighbor who has a new grandbaby
  • 1 purse
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Work on a pair of knit socks
CIJ blogposts to plan

Quote of the week
As of this morning gas is 2,16 a liter here... sigh!















5 comments:

  1. That was quite an load of goodies you picked up this week! As long as you are still decluttering it is supposed to be ok but that was a pretty big load! WOW. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to google the exchange for liters to gallons to figure out your fuel cost, but I didn't do it right... In the Phoenix AZ area we're paying $5.50 a gallon. I'm just thankful I don't live in California! Thanks for the reminder that CIJ posts are coming. I need to work on mine. Hopefully that will lead me to post more often. I've really been MIA lately. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Lucie! Well even though it doesn't help with decluttering - it sure sounds like you got some excellent deals on all of those free things! I've been so focused on the Europe trip coming up that I forgot all about Christmas in July. I hope my daughter will play along if I want to have some fun with that this year 😉 Gas is getting outrageous here too! 🙈
    I hope the rest of your week is blessed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, 9:30 is late for a weeknight! It's my bedtime when I work the 7a.m. shift. Sounds like an ordeal with the cement blocks. Just read where yesterday was 200 days until Christmas, trying not to panic and just enjoy my summer. Hope you've been having a great week and are ready for a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to be running so late! GOOGLE is driving me crazy! It wouldn't let me sign or comment for the past several days - so frustrating. Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete