Monday 30 May 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-05-30

Good morning friends!

Recap of last week:

2 days of telework and 2 days at the office. I went in on our 'fixed' day which is now Tuesday (keeps changing... sigh!) and then on Wednesday... was alone in my group which was fine with me.  It was a nice day so went out at lunch to see which stores and businesses were still up and running after pandemia.  Got a matcha latte.. yum!

DH babysat Anne-E on Tuesday as she was still feeling under the weather.  Thursday dh drove them to daycare and picked them up afterwards.  They had supper here and parents picked them up at 9:30 as they were working in town and ds had a supper with his boss.  We did not see them this weekend.

Friday night we prepped for the town garage sale on Saturday.... Saturday was a flop, even though my address was on the list we are not a passing street so had almost no one.  sold a $3 decor item.  On the other hand, sister-in law is in a passing street and they had people and sold alot.

Sunday was 2nd day of garage sale... sold a book (5$), a puzzle (2$) and a cooler (20$).  Now everything is back in the garage and will put a few items up on marketplace and the rest will be sent to thrift store.

Tuesday will be dh's birthday but he is babysitting that day and I will be working in town... we'll see how we wing it.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Showers
21°
8°
Tue
Showers
15°
7°
Wed
Scattered showers
14°
9°
Thu
Mostly cloudy
18°
9°
Fri
Showers
17°
8°
Guess there is rain in the forecast!

On my mind
Have a few things to do for Christmas in July... blogposts to plan, start Christmas ornaments for friends...

On the breakfast plate
Chocolate-bread toasts and oat milk

On my reading pile

La fille du pasteur Cullen Tome 1 by ucy Diamond

On my tv
Absentia (2e saison)
La pecheresse (saison 3)
New Amsterdam
Movies from Lifetime channel


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week





On the menu this week
Thinking, lasagna, ham, stuffed bell peppers, omelet...

From the camera:


Happy boy!


Looking around the house
Basement needs cleaning up soon.. will clear things out after the small garage sale

On my to-do list

This weekend
  • Vac main floor
  • Laundry
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Groceries
  • Garage sale
  • Pay bills
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • 1:00 osteo appointment
  • Pick up around the house and go threw garage sale items to put it back in its place or to the thrift store - DONE
  • Vac basement  - DONE
  • Pay costco card bill
  • More laundry
  • I have a jesse robertson painting I'd like to do (Ireland and sheeps) before this weekend.
Decluttering 
  • 1 pair of jean
  • 1 old tv table (recycling center)
  • 3 pots of old paint (recycling center)
  • 1 book (sold at garage sale)
  • 1 puzzle (sold at garage sale)
  • 1 cooler (sold at garage sale)
  • 7 books
  • 1 raincoat
  • 1 puzzle
  • 1 baby mobile
  • 1 art print
  • 55 hangers
  • 1 blouse
  • 1 skirt
  • 2 baby dresses

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Work on a pair of knit socks
CIJ blogposts to plan

Quote of the week














5 comments:

  1. GOOGLE is frustrating me so bad! It won't let me sign in and stay on so hope this commenting works! I'm sorry your garage sale wasn't more successful or that your job isn't going better. Great household tips. Happy Birthday to hubby. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Lucie. I am always so inspired when I read your decluttering list. It makes me think I really need to find a spot and declutter half the STUFF there. But then I seldom give it another thought. But I have been thinking about the guest closet where most of my clothing is housed. So much stuff I rarely wear.l Maybe this week I will create a long list to impress you! HHEHE Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon, Lucie... I am always so inspired by your posting about decluttering so I am taking your advice and going to create a list of decluttered items from my closet. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your husband! Hope you find a fun way to celebrate. That humor at the end of your post, I love summer so much but that cartoon is so true! Sorry your garage sale didn't do as well as you'd hoped. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete