Monday 16 August 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-08-16

Good morning!

It was a 4-day weekend for me (had exchanged last Monday for last Friday for my day off work).. too many people on vacation at work last Monday so they asked me in.

Picked up Xavier Friday around 4:30 and brought him with us to McD's for supper - he had a nice time watching all the cars go by on the boulevard (boys!)  He left Sunday after supper.

Saturday my parents, sis and brother-in-law arrived for lunch and they left Sunday morning (with lots of stuff to donate to my niece - she had chosen what she wanted from pics I sent her).

My son was on a fishing weekend so ddil came with Anne-E around 11:00 Saturday and they left after supper sunday.

It was a nice family time

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Sunny
26°
14°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
28°
18°
Wed.
Showers
27°
18°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
30°
19°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
28°
18°

Another hot week but not as bad as last week.  This morning all windows are open and it is 14C outside... finally!

On my mind
Being careful what I eat as I have to start 7 days before colonoscopy next Monday
Mom... she is getting more forgetful and angrier

On the breakfast plate
To be determined

On my reading pile
Monsieur Papa by Patrick Cauvin  

On my tv
La belle vie avec Go-Van
Big Brother
Clash
The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

A bit long but very interesting and might help for my inflammation

Excellent ear worm

I also watched alot of videos about Ariel Castro as I read the book about the 3 women he kept captive for 10 years


On the menu this week
Monday - Submarine with fondue steak
Tuesday - 
Wednesday
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday -
TBD with the leftovers we have from the weekend

From the camera:
Anne-Élizabeth 4 months




Looking around the house
Lots of picking up and cleaning up to do after the weekend with kids, guests and ds's dog.

On my to-do list

During the weekend (before everyone got here)
  • Laundry
  • Dusted kitchen
  • Dusted office
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Picked up groceries
  • Made a big pot of spaghetti sauce
  • Made some jello for the weekend
  • Baked a cake
  • Got a veggie tray prepped (used the leftovers to make soup for Sunday lunch)
  • Cooked a dozen italian sausages, sliced and browned to eat with the spaghetti.
  • Pickled eggs
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Vac main floor
  • LAUNDRY, laundry, laundry and more laundry (wash beddings)
  • Mop main floor
  • Pick up around the house
  • Dust rest of main floor (maybe, otherwise it'll get done next weekend)
Decluttering (sent my niece alot of stuff via my sister)
  • A blanket (had picked up at mom's)
  • A bag of clothes from dd's
  • A set of curtains from dd's
  • 5 flower pots
  • Tajine
  • Ceramic cow canister for kithen counter decor
  • giraffe lamp
  • 15 masson jars
  • 1 dvd / vhs player
  • 1 small black suitcase
  • 1 small black Spiderman suitcase - ddil took for Xavier (had picked it up at mom's)
  • The small acrylic painting (whale's tale) I did last week got given to my sis.
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read, craft - paint, knit, crochet
SLEEP

Funny of the week 








2 comments:

  1. Cute funny, but cuter smile on Anne E! Sounds like you had some great family time and a nice long weekend. I hope this week is just as nice with the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Friend! Sounds like it was a fun short work week and great family time. I'm so sorry that your Mom sounds like she's becoming worse. I empathize as I was a caregiver for my MIL with the same thing for many years. Sending big prayers for strength - and giant hugs!! Your Anne Elizabeth is an absolute doll! 😍 Love your funny!! 😂

    ReplyDelete