Monday 9 August 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-08-09

Good morning!

My 3-day back to work week last week was enough - I do prefer to be a stay-at-home lady.

Saturday we did not have the grandkids so I got the main housechores done.  We went for a walk in Vieux-Québec on Saturday night.

Sunday we had the grandkids while the kids went to play golf.

Working today (Monday).  I usually don't work on Mondays but the rest of the team is on vacations so will change my off-day for Friday... will give me a 4-day weekend next weekend.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Rain
25°
17°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
31°
21°
Wed.
Scattered thunderstorms
28°
22°
Thu.
Scattered thunderstorms
30°
22°
Fri.
Scattered thunderstorms
28°
18°

Going to be way too hot once again.

On my mind
Got a call from the hospital for a colonoscopy on August 23rd... yuck!
Fall is getting here fast... as is the back-to-work schedule.... double-yuck

On the breakfast plate
Millet cream with oat milk

On my reading pile
The fix by David Baldacci (the 3rd in the Amos Decker series)  

On my tv
La belle vie avec Go-Van
Big Brother
Clash
The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week




On the menu this week
Monday - sausages , potatoes and veggies
Tuesday - 
Wednesday
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday -

From the camera:
My precious grandkids

In town in Vieux-Québec - as you can see not very good with selfies.



Small painting I did on watercolor paper following Jesse Robertson's free tutorial 'Whale Tale'


Looking around the house
It's ok but always more could be done.  Thinking of getting the Fall decor out in a few weeks

On my to-do list

During the weekend
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Laundry
  • Dusted kitchenette
  • Washed main bathroom
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Telework

Decluttering 
  • Nothing.... BUT I started a list of what can be given away next time I get to these things. 

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read, craft - paint, knit, crochet

Funny of the week 






3 comments:

  1. I'm with you... thinking of Fall decor. I am so ready for a change of season. All the kids are back in school here, so it just seems like it should be Fall! Of course the truth is our warm/hot temps last until the week before Halloween, so even when I decorate for Fall it doesn't feel like Fall! Your grands are so precious. Love those sweet smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Friend!
    So nice to see you got to have a fun outing. Your selfie was adorable! Oh no, you reminded me that I need to schedule a colonoscopy in the future as I will be that age now. Ugh! And I've let the Fall thoughts creep in as well.It is right around the corner and will be here before we know it. Love your funny - and I'm in on those odds as well. 😂 Blessings on your week. xo

    ReplyDelete


















































































































































  3. I like your funny for this week though I think I have better odds of winning the lottery! Hard to think fall too much around here this week as the heat is crazy, feels like temp of 107 today. Enjoyed your pictures. Hope you have a great week!






    ReplyDelete