Monday 18 January 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-01-18

Good morning!

Last week I finally finished the file I was working on at work for the end of year. yay!

I picked up Xavier at daycare on Friday afternoon after work (2 streets from here) and he spent all weekend here.  My son and daughter-in-law arrived Saturday for supper.  DS (dear son) was not feeling well, he is having problems with an employee (in fact employee quit the company but was agressive and made threats to him - so that got him upset all weekend) , he barely ate all weekend.  The company is backing him up 100% but he is still afraid the guy will go forward with the threats - he'd only been working with company for 2 months and they are in teletravail, so barely met.  He was told that if he is contacted again to call the police.

They left Sunday after supper.  So needless to say I did not get much done in the house during the weekend.  We had about 8 inches of snow on Saturday, so it's nice out but now there is a cold front coming in.

Edited to add: Had started the post last night.  This morning having a little family drama - so energy draining! had high hopes for my to-do today but...not in the mood for it anymore.  AND had a 10:00 work appointment, team will be split, loosing some co-workers... not a good start to the day.

Got a call in the afternoon, one of my cousins suddenly during his sleep.  He was 62 and very healthy, he ran marathons.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Partly cloudy
-6°
-14°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
-10°
-14°
Wed.
Cloudy
-11°
-19°
Thu.
Mostly cloudy
-11°
-12°
Fri.
Cloudy
-6°
-13°

On my mind
Do not like seeing my son so worried.  He is already thin so no eating all weekend and barely hydrating is no good.   
Family drama
Work - team is splitting

On the breakfast plate
 2 Eggo waffles and oat milk

On my reading pile
The Late show by Michael Connelly

On my tv
Le résident (season 3)
Christmas movies
Bull
The office (season 3)
Toute la vérité
Toute la vie
L'échapée
District 31
Big brother celebrities (local big brother)
Star Académie

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Was nice to have new ideas

On the menu this week
Lundi -  Hot chicken sandwiches
Mardi-  Bechamel sauce with hard-boiled eggs in vol-aux-vents
Mercredi - rice/chicken casserole
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?


From the camera:
Made a hiding place for Xavier and he loved it!

Painting I did last week

Looking around the house
I picked up after they left last night but the floors are in need of vaccuming and mopping.  I have so much I need to do!

On my to-do list 

Sunday
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry
Monday
  • Morning routine - ... exercise went wayward with the family drama, had started but just stopped wasn't in the mood for it.  
  • Post here - DONE
  • 10:00 Teams meeting for work - DONE - yuck!
  • Make a chicken-rice casserole
  • Vaccum main floor - DONE
  • Mop floors - DONE
  • 1 more load of laundry - in dryer right now
  • Wash Bathroom linen closet
  • Menu-plan

  • Craft? not sure I'll have time for this... with all that is happening today might just have to do that for my mental health today.
In my crafting basket
Haven't done anything in awhile, except for 1 small painting I tried with a free tutorial (cosmic cat - Jesse Robertson)
I still have knitted socks that are started


Quote of the week 






4 comments:

  1. So sorry your week has started with so much drama. I tried to watch the video but it won't load for me, too bad as I was curious. (The issue is on my end not yours as I'm having this problem on other sites also). That painting is amazing, you are very talented! Hope everything settles down and you have a wonderful week despite the rough start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate in both hands sounds delightful! I hope things settle down for you and your family soon. Stop by if you get a chance:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/happy-homemaker-monday-1182021.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry your son is going through such a stressful situation. I hope nothing comes of the threats. My deepest sympathy at the loss of your cousin. Your painting is awesome! I love all of the color in it. Your grandson is, as usual, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Friend!
    I'm so sorry to hear that your week has started out so rough. Prayers for your son and your work to be better. 🙏 Love the video - she had some great ideas! Thanks for sharing. Wonderfully funny and perfect inspiration as always. 😉 Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete