Monday 11 January 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-01-11

Good morning!

Had not seen our grandson last week as it was back to work... so he stayed over Friday night and Sunday night.  The parents cannot come to the house with the confinement rules but we have the right to babysit.  He has started to say 'Grand-papa'

Last Saturday started our curfew... no one can be in the streets past 8:00 pm.  Essential businesses close at 7:30.  We can not even go for a walk.  we can go out in our backyard and that is it.  I must say with the cold temps we get in January and February it doesn't bother us too much here.  It is in effect until February 8th.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Snow showers
-4°
-6°
Tue.
Snow showers
-1°
-4°
Wed.
Snow showers
-1°
-2°
Thu.
Snow showers
1°
-4°
Fri.
Cloudy
2°
-1°



Another mild week ahead - yesterday was sunny too so me and my husband walked for an hour.

On my mind
Decluttering, been watching some vlogs on youtube.  I have already done alot but there is always more to do.  However thrift stores are closed until Feb 8th so it's not really out of the house

On the breakfast plate
2 raisin cinnamon bread toasts with almond milk 

On my reading pile
La fille des templiers by Mireille Calmel

On my tv
Shows are starting up again.  so there is way too much to watch.
Le résident (season 3)
Christmas movies
Bull
The office (season 2)
Toute la vérité
Toute la vie
L'échapée
District 31
Big brother celebrities (local big brother)


On the menu this week
Lundi -  Chicken legs with mashed potatoes and gravy.  green peas
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?
Haven't thought about it yet

From the camera:




Looking around the house
Looks warm and cozy

On my to-do list 

Sunday
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Decluttered and filed the papers in my nightstand table
Monday
  • Morning routine - DONE 
  • Post here - DONE
  • A little téléwork 
  • Do the declutter calendar task of the day - one bathroom drawer
  • Wash basement fridge
  • Make supper
  • Run and empty dishwasher
  • Wash Jennair
  • Craft
In my crafting basket
Knitted socks
Painting

Quote of the week 




6 comments:

  1. I LOVE those adorable pictures of your grandson! And your quote of the week is too cute! So sorry you're on such restrictive curfews again, but your right at least it is now during the coldest part of the year! I wonder if we are ever to get back to some sense of normalcy? Hubby gets his first COVID shot today, but nothing will change for any of us as the restrictions are still necessary because they know so little about the overall picture. Sounds like you're finding ways to stay busy though so I hope you have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very restrictive there. Are the numbers that bad again? I'm so sorry. Glad you are still able to see/babysit your grandson! Reading about your decluttering reminds me that I need to see if our local store is taking donations or not. Hope you stay healthy and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is pretty. Glad you could see baby. We have a month old grandson. I enjoyed your post. I linked too. I have a link party come over and see me. http://myjourneyback-thejourneyback.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-fabulous-party_9.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos, how sweet.

    Sorry about the lockdowns again, seems we may be headed that way too.

    Hope you have a blessed week nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, like the quote. Your grandson is such a cutie! It's so funny how all little kids love boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Playing serious catch up my Friend. Hope it was a good week! I always love seeing your adorable grandson! Does he say Grandma yet?? 😉 Love the inspiration. Cookie monster and I have so much in common! 😂 Lol

    ReplyDelete