Monday 16 November 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-11-15

Good morning!  

Have started decorating ... only the Christmas tree left to do.  Waiting for my husband to put the angel on top and then the lights.  Was hoping to do it today but he didn't manage to do the angel and lights yesterday.

Lots of stuff was taken out of the house this weekend, white melamine bookcase and 20 inch tv were dropped off at the ecocenter.  Stuff was put up in the attic.  Decluttered another box of school papers of my son's.  Foam from big tv is now in the recycle bin and garbage bin (too much for just one bin).

My grandson spent the day here Saturday and spent the night too.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Showers
5°
-2°
Tue.
Cloudy
0°
-9°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
-4°
-10°
Thu.
Snow showers
-2°
-3°
Fri.
Freezing rain
4°
-3°




On my mind
Christmas and New Year's, the good and the covid-bad - I want to go see my parents.
I have been doing NY's Eve (both sides of the family for the last 30 some years)... I think all will be annuled this year.  
So.... will do a NY's Eve party just for us (maybe my son, my daughter-in-law and Xavier if they will see us after we have been to see my parents).   

On the breakfast plate
Had two raisin toasts with almond milk

On my reading pile
Truly madly guilty by Liane Moriarty


On my tv
Le résident (season 2)
C'est pour ça que je t'aime
Cardinal (season 2)
Esprits criminels (season 12)
Fragile
5e rang (season 3)
L'échappée
District 31
Occupation double
Brave new world (season 1)

Christmas movies have started since Saturday, recording those I haven't seen yet.

On the menu this week
Lundi - Sheppard's pie 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - ?
Haven't figured it out yet


From the camera

Fox painting I made.. didn't quite nail the small fox but it's ok, wanted a Fall painting and that is it!





Looking around the house
Lots of boxes still in the living room.. All has been decorated except the Christmas tree.  It feels nice and cozy with all the lights everywhere.
Basement is finally looking almost back to normal (still have big tv box in there).
 

On my to-do list  
Over the weekend
  • Decorated the house
  • Washed main bathroom

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, bath, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan - 
  • Laundry - working on that
  • Vacc main floor - DONE
  • Vacc basement - DONE
  • Schedule esthetician appointment
  • Schedule massotherapist appointment
  • Bake muffins - DONE
  • Make 2 sheppard's pie (will give one to ds if he wants it otherwise will get frozen)
  • Do dishes
  • Christmas cards to start adressing?
In my crafting basket
Work on knitted socks
Start a crochet scarf


Quote of the week 


5 comments:

  1. We usually host for the holidays too and it feels so weird to not be doing this year.

    I adore the fox painting! And the little one looks great.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the painting. I too worry about visiting my parents. Both are up in their 80's, but I want to see them. I may have to tag along if my car doesn't get done before Thanksgiving. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is getting ready for Christmas. Your post is great I enjoyed it. Come see me.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to know what to do for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hope it all works out. Love the fox painting. It looks great! Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sweetie! Sorry I'm so late. Love that you got your tree all set already. I'm holding out a bit longer. I hate this covid stuff wrecking everyone's plans. I keep praying there is an end to it soon! Love your inspiration. Lol They always make me laugh. Blessings to you and stay well. xo

    ReplyDelete