Monday 5 August 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-08-05

Now that CIJ is over for 2019, let's get back to our regular programming.

Vacations are almost over too (I go back to work on Wednesday and dh started back today).  We had scorching temperatures! Started them off with a weekend of fishing with my family (just one brother missing).
Then we went to Nova Scotia for a few days with my sister, brother-in-law, daughter, and 2 cousins and their wives.  It's the first time we go away on vacations with our cousins - it was lots of fun.
We did take a day to visit Halifax and the Alexander Keith Brewery.  Our Airbnb was great - a big cottage (5 rooms and 3 bathrooms) - it was brand new.  The view was fantastic.  The down side was that it was far from everything but then again we were there to relax.
We also had guests over for a few nights (cousin and brother and their wives).  We went to the  Bootlegger restaurant (14 of us) for supper and an evening too - it's an old house that was used for liquor and games during the prohibition with secret passages.
We also went 2 nights to listen to some free music concerts near here.

Last night my son's dog ran after a porcupine and they had to remove around 10 quills out of his snout - he is allright now.

On we go...



The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Sunny
27°
17°
Tue.
Mostly Cloudy
29°
21°
Wed.
Cloudy
28°
21°
Thu.
Scattered Thunderstorms
27°
18°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
24°
15°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
22°
16°


What I am reading
La civilisation des Abysses by James Rollins

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - tv marathon on local channel
The Good witch - series
Esprits criminels 
I recorded lots of Christmas movies during the CIJ marathon on the W Channel, so I have that to look forward to.

Menu - planning
Monday - Pork chops
Tuesday - Chicken tournedos
Wednesday - Spaghetti
Thursday -  Chinese noodles
Friday - ?

On my to-do list 
During the weekend:
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Main floor bathroom
  • Dust all rooms on main floor
  • Groceries
  • Wash all beddings used by guests
  • Laundry
  • Bake muffins
Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • The guy should come to remove 2 tree stumps today.
  • Make a list of things that need to be bought for the house
  • Call mom
  • Gift closet update
  • Visual declutter
  • Order from Amazon
  • Stretching - DONE
  • Knit!
Tuesday: (taking a vacation day)
  • Rudy day (was unable to do anything on the 25th so it'll be today).... So I was thinking a Christmas movie, and putting tags on the Christmas ornaments I made.  Try to figure out a way to wrap them too.
  • Make Chinese noodles.
  • ....
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks.
I did buy more wool at walmarts for scarves and for the future grandbaby.

A simple pleasure
Listening to an outdoor music concert on a warm summer night.

From the camera


At the Bootlegger restaurant


On the shore at low tide (it is the place in Canada where there are the highest tides)

Evening at the Cottage in Nova Scotia

On our way to see some waterfalls

In Halifax
The whole gang in Nova Scotia at the Alexander Keith Brewery



.

Quote of the week 


13 comments:

  1. Agree so very much with your quote this week :) Great photos, looks like you had a wonderful time. James Rollins is one of my favorite authors! I've not read that one though, I'll be curious if you like it. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a wonderful time! Thanks. I'll try to remember to tell you how I like the book.

      Delete
  2. That quote, so true! I love that we can have similar temperatures even though we are at opposite sides of the world, and it makes me happy that I am not the only one with a gift cupboard! It sounds like you have another busy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a gift cupboard is a must if we don't want to be stressed at Christmas :)

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with that quote. What is it about vacations that tire a person out so much?

    Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a long to do list!' I love your simple pleasure. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi - I always have long to-do lists. I love making lists for everything :)

      Delete
  5. What a great quote :) Looks like you had a wonderful holiday.

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to participate in CIJ, and the Rudolph Days, too, this year, but it just didn't work out. Your vacation to Nova Scotia sounds lovely and I enjoyed your photos very much! One of my dreams is to visit Nova Scotia, Cape Breton Island, and Prince Edward Island. Maybe someday that dream will come true. Wishing you a great week ahead and many blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be able to do CIJ, I preprogram my posts in advance (vacations in July would make it impossible to post every day). I use my monthly rudy days to work on my CIJ posts. I would love to go see Cape Breton Island and PEI.
      Have a great week

      Delete
  7. That Bootlegger restaurant sounds like a LOT of fun! Glad you've been having such a good time. I hope you got your to do list accomplished and had a great week.

    ReplyDelete