Monday 13 May 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-05-13

Morning!
Had my evaluation at work last week - all is good for the bosses (not so much from my point of view, ...)  
Hurt my foot at some point (not sure if it's from my sciatica - seems it can hurt from the knee down without hurting down the back) - will see I go to massage therapist this morning.
Friday I took the day off - had to go to hospital to deliver a sample and wouldn't you know it they gave me the wrong kit - so to do again :(  Also got my hair cut and colored.  We babysat the dog.. and of course it was raining  I had not tied him well outside so I had to go get him in neighbor's garden (not yet planted) rolling around in the mud... both of us where covered in mud! :)
This weekend we went shopping with my son and daughter-in-law.  I bought myself a new folding patio table at Ikea's.  Got some things at Costco's too.
The armoire is installed in the bathroom! and I started putting stuff back in there (still needs a little more organizing).
For mother's day we went to eat supper at my son's house.

The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Mostly Cloudy
14°
6°
Tue.
Scattered Showers
9°
4°
Wed.
Cloudy
8°
3°
Thu.
Mostly Cloudy
14°
6°
Fri.
Showers
14°
6°




What I am reading
Intervention by Robin Cook

On my tv 

New Amsterdam
Catastrophe
Le fardeau de la preuve
Le bon docteur
The Good witch movies

Menu - planning
Monday - Béchamel with hard boiled eggs and vols-aux-vents 
Tuesday - meat-veggie macaroni
Wednesday - ?
Thursday - Grilled cheese and soup
Friday - ?
The menu might change along the way (it usually does!)

On my to-do list 
During the weekend:
  • vaccumed main floor
  • Vaccumed basement
  • washed main bathroom
  • Washed basement bathroom
  • did laundry
  • baked muffins
  • Dusted all rooms on main floor
  • Got hair cut and colored
  • Picked up mail
  • Picked up scripts at pharmacy
  • Went to bank
  • Did errands
  • ...

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE 
  • Stop by the bank 
  • Make some hard-boiled eggs
  • Laundry 
  • Make macaroni for tomorrow night
  • Crafting
  • Call mom 
  • Call knitting lady if I can go this afternoon (did not go last week)
  • 10h30 message therapist appointment
  • Pay bills
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks.
Christmas-ornaments for gifts (crochet)

Looking forward to
A day without too many chores!

From the camera



That's what my new patio table will look like as soon as my husband finishes assembling it (yep, Ikea!)

Quote of the week 
Happy belated Mother's day!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE that patio table! Ours is always in the way so much of the time. I LOVE that quote too - so perfect for Mother's Day weekend. Congratulations on the bathroom progress! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning!
    I am due for a cut and color this week.
    Always a good feeling!
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, doggies really do get up to silliness don't they? LOL

    Love your new patio table, that is amazing.

    I hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! What a perfect quote :) Love your new table, so pretty! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you hurt foot! I will be praying it's nothing serious! Hope you have a day soon with not to many chores! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm hard boiled eggs!! Love your patio table! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sweetie - hope your foot feels better soon! And I love your quote - gave me the biggest smile 😊 because of its truth! Lol
    And that table set is brilliant!! Have a blessed week xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that table. Very nice. You reminded me I need to fix my vacuum. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm running a bit behind this week, Lucy! Glad your evaluation went well and sorry to hear about your foot. I did a good one yesterday. I was out on a hike with a group of 4th graders, stepped in a hole, twisted my ankle on my right foot, and fell on my bad (left) knee, so I feel for you. Love the patio table! THAT is going to be nice! Have a great rest of the week and weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. that table! the link to the creativity/painting workshop is
    https://janblencowe.com/free-gift/
    I learned so much from sketchbook revival, and this looks like it will be full of ideas too. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete