Monday 25 February 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-02-25

Happy Rudolph day!  The 25th of the month... let's try to do a few things Christmassy today... 

It's a snow day here so a Christmas movie and hot chocolate seems the best way to go!  

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

It was another busy week.  My dad's eye seems to be coming back to normal.  We will be going next Saturday to visit them for the weekend (3 hours from here).  We will pick up my daughter on the way so she can come with us.

Sunday we had another foot of snow and it's still snowing a little this morning.  Here we are lucky there is space to put the snow but in town the houses are covered with snow... people can't see outside their front windows.

* Please note I might not visit all blogs this week as computer keeps closing off every few minutes.

The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Snow Showers
-1°
-18°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
-14°
-22°
Wed.
Mostly Sunny
-11°
-21°
Thu.
Mostly Sunny
-7°
-18°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
-4°
-12°

It's gonna be a cold week


What I am reading
Les portes du Québec T2  by Jean-Pierre Charland.  Historic fiction novel in Quebec City in the late 1800's.

On my tv 
Les pays d'en Haut
'O
L'heure bleue
Unité 9
La pecheresse
L'échappée
Les invisibles
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Les naufragés de l'amour
Le bon docteur 

Menu - planning
Monday - Sausage and potatoes
Tuesday - Hachis (chicken, potatoes, veggies in gravy)
Wednesday - Spaghetti
Thursday - Smoked meat
Friday?

On my to-do list 
Over the weekend I vaccumed 1st floor.  Baked muffins.  Dusted all main floor ... finally the LR is 'bathroom accessory free' as the washer and dryer are back in the bathroom.  My husband painted ceileing and bathroom closet.  I've started washing all linens that were in there yesterday but have lots more to go!  I will declutter at the same time and send some to the Homeless shelter.

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Yoga... uh-oh if not done 1st thing in the morning (which I didn't), usually means I will skip it.
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Call mom - DONE
  • Craft 
  • Wash dishes (we had raclette yesterday and everything is soaking)
  • Get the snow out of the entryway and stairs
  • Wash more linens and then put them back in bathroom closet
  • Prep stuff to go to my parents' this weekend
  • Declutter some more
  • Watch a Christmas movie with hot chocolate while crocheting.
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
knitted socks ... they seem to be stopped, I am at the heel and stuck.
Crochet mittens for my daughter - DONE 
Crochet a cowl (had 1/3 done yesterday when I noticed it was twisted - so frogged it this morning and will start over)

Looking forward to
Having a Rudolph day

A simple pleasure
Working on my Happiness journal

From the camera

Mittens for my daughter

Snow, more snow!....

Outside my front window

View from backdoor



Quote of the week 

6 comments:

  1. You reminded me to declutter something today. Wow, that is a lot of snow. Are snow is gone, but it's very cold and still slightly windy here today. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very windy here also but the sun is shining! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word. Too much snow! Where are your snowshoes? That's just so. Much. I fondly remember my times in Quebec City... charming and hilly, so pretty. I even stayed at the Chateau Frontenac in a little garret room way high up. Thank you for giving me perspective on our snow... I'm about to walk outside with the poodle, and am not sure if you even could! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of snow! Your photos are certainly making me appreciate my current view of a muddy backyard. Actually bought my boys each a Christmas present today, didn't realize it was Rudolph Day but I guess I did a Christmas thing on time for a change, LOL. Hope you have a warm and wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so hate when you see a mistake and have to frog.. ugh! OH my look at snow! And here I thought we had alot... whew! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no! I'm running late and I missed Rudolph Day! I would have so enjoyed doing something Christmassy! I've GOT to remember that! I need to mark it on my calendar while I'm thinking of it! :) Love the snow pics and hot chocolate and a Christmas movie sounds like so much fun! I'm planning my first Rudolph Day NOW!! Hope you're having a great week! Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete