Monday 19 November 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-11-19

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

We did get some snow last week but much less than the forecast.  There are a few inches on the ground.  This week should be cold, so less snow.
I took a day off Friday (was to be a snowday but... not much snow) and I woke up with a splitting headache so I stayed home anyways.
My to-do list for the weekend was a mile long, still lots to do today.

Sunday we went to a hockey game at the Videotron-Center, invited by Caisse pop.  They gave out $10 gift cards to the shopping center, I got 4! (well dh was there and got some of these too) and also a hat.  There was as a small buffet too (but didn't know so had lunch before going),  DH ate a little but I was having tummy problems (yet again, last week was not a good week), so I did not eat from the buffet.

DS also announced they had bought a dog (mix coollie / labrador) and will be getting him the weekend they move in their house mid-December) .  He is brown.

Let's get this post started:

The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Snow Showers
-3°
-8°
Tue.
Cloudy
-6°
-8°
Wed.
Cloudy
-6°
-16°
Thu.
Mostly Cloudy
-9°
-17°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
-9°
-13°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
-3°
-7°
Sun.
Rain and Snow
1°
-2°
Mon.
Rain and Snow
1°
0°


What I am doing right now
Writing this post, having a Linden tisane (for upset stomach), listening to Christmas music and looking at the Christmas lights in the LR with the fireplace lit (a bit chilly this morning)
Will have breakfast afterwards

What I am reading
Sans parler du chien by Connie Willis (ongoing)

On my tv 
'O
OD
Unité 9
Le jeu
Demain des hommes
L'heure bleue
Les Simone
District 31
Christmas movies 

Menu - planning
Haven't menu-planned yet.

On my to-do list
Done during the weekend
Recalled cable company and spent HOURS on the phone with them - they will be calling me back can't download their anti-virus properly) - will have to call back at some point still not working, laundry, made a big pack of meatballs for freezer, cooked up ham and got it cut up for sandwiches during the Holidays, started decorating, orderd online at Walmart, got my Zen advent calendar pouches filled up, prepped Christmas cards, ...

Monday
- More laundry
- Post here
- Overnight oats for my breakfasts
- Call mom
Prep gym clothes and lunch for tomorrow  - DONE
- look up warranty for a sunbeam heating blanket - Have to call back for 4th time, hopefully I can reach SOMEONE this time.  Their voicemail is full and they hang up and don't take messages.  Found another number to call.
- Menu-plan
- Bake muffins
- Set up nativity set under tree
- Put up Christmas village in bay window
- Take Christmas boxes to the basement
- Clear out the office (everything got put in there during the decorating)
- Vaccum main floor
- Wash bathroom
- Check when prescription ends for stomach pills
- Make pizza muffins and freeze them

.... which is why I decided to get up at 6:15 instead of relaxing and getting up later today.

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a shawl with pockets - ONGOING - will try to get the pockets on and block it this week.
Work on a new pair of knitted socks 
Paint class - candle

Something interesting I watched
Household hacks and Christmas dollar-store hacks on youtube

Looking forward to
Going to acupuncture Tuesday night - decided to try it out for my frequent headaches these days... will also mention stomach problems.

A simple pleasure
Being home

From the camera

Not a great picture but to show the snow we received last week

Santa at the hockey game

Tree is up, still need to do the nativity set under it


Quote of the week 




8 comments:

  1. Love your wintery blog design! Also its so weird that the holidays are already here, right? Where did the time go? Your quote is the best one I've seen all day :) And snow, already?? I hope you have a wonderful holiday week!!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally found a way to change my background :) It snowed all day today, we really are in winter already.

      Delete
  2. Ohmygoodness, Lucie! I love your new cover photo! It's so festive an it makes me happy, too! :) Blessings for a beautiful week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm headache and stomach upset... sounds like food allergies. I went to acupuncture for my allergies and it was like a miracle. No worries, doesn't hurt and really made me feel better. Good luck my new friend.LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking headaches ... guess menopause might be coming on ;) As for stomach aches I have Crohn's and IBS too, so some days are worst than others. I'm thinking acupuncture can't hurt!

      Delete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! Such fun pictures from your week. Hope you have a wonderful week, was just talking with my youngest son about how you all celebrate Thanksgiving in October. More time to enjoy the Christmas tree ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is beautiful! We'll be putting ours up in a few days. I've been watching a lot of Dollar Tree Christmas crafts on YouTube. I'm always amazed at some of their creativity! I wish my mind worked like that!

    ReplyDelete