Monday 1 October 2018

Happy Homemeaker 2018-10-01

Welcome October!
Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

Been another busy work.  Job is going ok, coworkers are not really warming up but spoke with director and he seems ok.  Since I am now eating in a new lunch room I reconnected with some of the people I worked with when I started there (16 years ago!) so that was nice :)

Bought a new central air vaccum on Friday night, finally! (been broken almost a month now).  DH is still working on the fence - now that we put the plastic strips in we notice it is crooked - not going well!

Saturday night 2 of dh's cousins and wives came for an impromptu supper so we ordered pizza and chatted for a while - there was a power outage (1 hour) but we had finished eating so it was fine.

Today is the provincial election (we voted by anticipation).

Next weekend is our Thanksgiving here.  My parents, sister and brother-in-law will be coming.  I think I'll take Friday off work to pick up around the house.


The weather
Mon.
Partly Cloudy
14°
7°
Tue.
Scattered Showers
13°
8°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
15°
12°
Thu.
Showers
23°
6°
Fri.
Mostly Sunny
12°
7°
Sat.
Showers
14°
12°
Sun.
Partly Cloudy
16°
8°

What I am reading
The Lab by Jennifer Lynn Neely (not such a great read... a spicy Harlequin)

On my tv 
'O
Unité 9
Le jeu
Demain des hommes
L'heure bleue
Les Simone
District 31

Menu - planning
Monday - Tourtière
Tuesday - Spaghetti with meat-veggie sauce
Wednesday - Rice-chicken casserole
Thursday - Hachis (rice, veggies, potatoes in gravy)
Friday - ?

On my to-do list
Did regular chores during the weekend.
Today is:
- Post here
- plant a few bulbs outside (otherwise will do it when it warms up)
- Finish wrapping the stocking stuffers
- Prep card and gifts for 2 upcoming birthdays (didn't get done last week)
- Put ebooks on hard drive
- 10:00 massage therapist appointment
- Pick up Rx
- Pick up the mail
- Prep chicken-rice casserole
- Prep hachis
- Wash kitchen floor and bathroom floors

ouf! I hope I get to do all I need to do.

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.
I want to start a new pair of knitted socks this week

Looking forward to
Having part of my family over next weekend

A simple pleasure
Getting a therapeutic massage

From the camera




Disney cruise was in town this week so took a walk at 6:00 am Thursday morning to see the boat.

                             
Quote of the week 

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your week and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope coworkers move up to "better than okay" soon... we spend so much time with them. Mick mouse... I grew up with Disney and it's Mick's anniversary year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing your list reminds me I want to get some bulbs planted around here. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, and a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend with lots of family and good food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed reading your post, Lucie! It's funny...the last time I had a cousin's get-together we had a power outage, too. It was fun though. Ended up eating by lamplight and had the best visit. Glad you were able to reconnect with old friend at work. That makes it a little better I'm sure. Happy Thanksgiving and blessings for a beautiful week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Fun checking out your blog ;) I hope co-worker situation gets better. And I think October would be such a perfect month for Thanksgiving...especially with how pretty my northwoods is this time of year. Enjoy your holiday soon! Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm super late making the rounds this week. Hope you had a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super late making the rounds this week. Hope you had a GREAT week and a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete