Monday 15 October 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-10-15

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I need to concentrate on Halloween and Christmas :)
Fall has arrived since last week, cooler temps and the colors are beautiful, I wish we could keep those colors for at least a few weeks!


The weather
Mon.
Rain
11°
3°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
8°
6°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
7°
-2°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
2°
1°
Fri.
Cloudy
12°
8°
Sat.
Rain
9°
1°
Sun.
Mostly Cloudy
4°
-1°



What I am reading
The Bad Daughter by Joy Fielding

On my tv 
'O
OD
Unité 9
Le jeu
Demain des hommes
L'heure bleue
Les Simone
District 31

Menu - planning
Monday - chicken pot pie
Tuesday - beef roast 
Wednesday - soup and grilled cheese
Thursday - Smoked meat sandwiches

On my to-do list
Did regular chores on Saturday.
Today is:
- Post here
- Wash outside front windows if it doesn't rain this afternoon, too cold for now
- Pay bills - get automatic payment going for electrical bill
- Laundry
- Cook hard-boiled eggs
- Call mom
- Find cold-lunch recipes (can't really eat hot at my desk at my new job - it's open space and the smells would not be nice - so trying to find cold lunch ideas)
- Check out missing stocking stuffers
- Prep birthday gift for niece and my son's girlfriend
- Prep gym clothes & lunch for tomorrow
- Knit

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.
Start a new pair of knitted socks this week

Sunday I finished the 3 Halloween costumes I was working on (snowman, bubblegum machine and ice-cream vendor).  I also made a watercolor card for dniece's birthday.

Something interesting I watched

Geisha school:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHd9ze1e5CQ

The coldest village in the world:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylpuGUWGdSs&t=792s

50 things I don't buy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFajqEx9tC4&app=desktop


Looking forward to
Family supper at sister in law's house for dniece's 18th birthday on Saturday

A simple pleasure
Watching the beautiful Fall colors

From the camera

My Father's family


Fall colors - the pics don't do justice to the beauty of it all

                             
Quote of the week 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall colors! Soup and grilled cheese sounds like such a perfect dinner idea for this colder weather. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post today, Lucie! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Soup and grilled cheese sounds good. We went straight from summer to winter here...completely skipping fall altogether...so I am greatly looking forward to warm soups in the days ahead. Love the fall colors! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so funny to hear Thanksgiving is over before Halloween. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Sounds like you had a VERY busy day. Hope you have an AWESOME week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall colors! Ours are only at about 15% in SE lower MI. Waiting patiently! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I watched geisha school too last week! small world. Got to go check out your other links! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see pics of the Halloween costumes you made. Love the fall colors in the pics!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete