Monday 20 August 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-08-20

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

Last week I had a job interview... been so long since I had one!  When I applied I was upset about my current job but it is better now so I'm not sure I'm quite ready to change.  It went ok, will know in 2 weeks and if I have it will decide then.  It is only for October - it seems quite a go-go-go job so not sure I want to go back to that kind of a job.  On the other hand I'm quite sure it would go well.  I also have another job interview this week but for something quite different.  Both of these are at the same govt agency where I am now.  Whatever, if I decide I don't change I'm thinking of taking some online classes to help out for promotions.

The weather

Mon.
Mostly Sunny
28°
18°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
27°
20°
Wed.
Scattered Thunderstorms
22°
14°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
24°
17°
Fri.
Sunny
27°
18°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
28°
19°
Sun.
Isolated Thunderstorms
28°
20°

What I am reading
La Veuve de Fiona Barton

On my tv 
Big Brother
Ma maison bien-aimée

Menu - planning
Monday - Tourtière
Tuesday - Ragoût boulettes
Wednesday - Ham in the crockpot
Thursday - Spaghetti
Friday ?

On my to-do list
Did vaccum, washed bathroom, laundry and picking up during the weekend.  Made ragoût de boulette for Tuesday's supper and to freeze.

Today will be:
Yoga 
Blog here - DOING NOW
Pay bills
2:00 - dentist appointment
Muffins
Overnight oats for my breakfasts
Drop off some books at sil's house.
Drop off some stuff at the thrift store
Crafting

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a pair of knitted socks and a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.
I want to cut the felt pieces to make ice cream cones for a Halloween costume

Looking forward to
Having some time to craft

Something interesting I watched
2 documentaries about downsizing for the planet.  I did the Global Footprint Network test and seems I am using up 4,4 planets a year.

From the camera


My grandpa who died August 20th in 2002.  Still mis him

A picture of my grandparents with 3 of my uncles and 2 aunts (the oldest ones)
Not a great picture but my grandfather with my sister and me

                                            

Quote of the week


8 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing the family photos from your camera. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be terrified to take that test, we're probably using up so many planets. Hope you find the perfect job whether it's a new venture where you are now or somewhere else. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the interviews...I am contemplated a job change as well... things are so up in the air right now at work...sigh.... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying God will give you the guidance you need for the decision on your job! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your inspiration! And the family photos must e a treasure to you. Good luck on deciding about the job - nice that you will have choices even if it ends up going back to school. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am praying wisdom and clear direction over you concerning which way to go with the job situation. Enjoyed seeing the pictures of your grandpa. I miss mine, too. In truth, he was my best friend. Have a blessed week ahead! (((HUGS))) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote! Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Best of luck choosing the job that's best for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy!! Hope your interviews go well and you find the perfect job (at least one that you can enjoy).

    ReplyDelete