Thursday 5 July 2018

Christmas in July 2018 day 5 / Noël en juillet 2018 jour 5

CIJ day 5 / jour 5

Take 5 minutes to draw your family celebrating the holidays.   Use your 5 senses to describe the celebration’s tastes, smells, looks & textures.

(Insert drawing)

Words that make me think of Christmas

Hearing
·         Christmas music
·         Bells
·         Laughter
·         Quiet
·         Crackle of logs in the fireplace

Taste
·         Gingerbread
·         Turkey
·         Potatoes
·         Roasted vegetables
·         Butter
·         Cream
·         Hot-chocolate
·         Eggnog

Smell
·         Hot bread
·         Cinnamon
·         Pine tree
·         Wood burning
·         Chocolate
·         Gingerbread
·         Cranberries simmering

Looks
·         Christmas lights
·         Greenery
·         Red / green
·         Snow-covered trees
·         Sparkles

Textures
·         Snow
·         Night air
·         Velvet


6 comments:

  1. I'm loving this, Lu! Is there a way to subscribe to your posts so I can receive them by mail? I don't want to miss any of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea how to do that - subscribe for posts. I'll look it up

      Delete
  2. What a fun post!
    Hearing: Christmas music, grandkids
    Taste: Cookies, candy, green bean casserole
    Smell: Cinnamon candles
    See: Christmas decor... everywhere!
    Feel: Chilly nights, blankets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki... so much fun during the hot temperatures we are having.

      Delete
  3. I was supposed to make a drawing and put it here! I guess I forgot and ran out of time. I'll try to do one during the CIJ time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hopeless at drawing but this would be a fun collage activity. Gather a stack of old Christmas magazines and some canvases and then add a little journaling.

    ReplyDelete