Monday 16 July 2018

Christmas in July 2018 day 16 / Noël en juillet 2018 jour 16

CIJ day 16 / jour 16

When do you put up the tree? When do you take it down?

I put it up by mid-november.  Our Thanksgiving here is in October so I don’t overstep on another holiday.  I love to have it up with the lights in the long, dreary, boring days of November when the natural light outside is at its lowest.

However after New Year’s Eve (I host) it comes down quickly – January 2nd – down it goes.  I enjoy it for 1 ½ months and that is quite enough.


8 comments:

  1. If we're hosting Thanksgiving, I put the main tree up the day after. If we're not, I put it up in November. I start decorating all of the other rooms on November 1st. Everything comes down on 12/26.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 26th? wow that is early for me, but then again would love to be back to normal after christmas

      Delete
  2. We put the tree up at some point after Thanksgiving. We have an artificial one so can leave it up later ... usually until mid-January. I need the light and sparkle for awhile longer in our dreary winters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband won't let me put the tree up until after Thanksgiving, usually it takes us until the Sunday after to actually do it. I'm pretty adamant about everything coming down on 12/26 with the exception of the Nativity which I leave out until January 6. Might be different if I hosted New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 26th is early! but love that you leave the nativity set out :)

      Delete
  4. Ours goes up the day after Thanksgiving - so the day after the fourth Thursday in November. I could go for putting it up a little earlier because it takes so long to get it all decorated! It comes down shortly after Christmas. Once all the packages are gone, it's time to get the house back in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep it's nice to get back to normal after Christmas.

      Delete