Sunday 15 July 2018

Christmas in July 2018 day 15 / Noël en juillet 2018 jour 15

CIJ day 15 / jour 15

Do you buy presents because you enjoy giving or because you feel obligated?

I’d say it’s a mix of both.  I enjoy giving for some but I don’t really like when I “have to” and I think it adss a lot to the Christmas pressure and that’s the part people don’t like – going around and finding last minute gifts in crowds.
I like to give because I “want to” beacause I found the perfect gift. I don’t enjoy giving money except to teenagers because that’s what they want to buy “big” gifts.

What is the point of giving money to an adult who gives you money back?  I never understood this and never will – I prefer not to give than do this.


3 comments:

  1. I never buy gifts out of a sense of obligation, but I do give Christmas cards that I feel obliged to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always because I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's a tough one - gift cards seem so impersonal but sometimes there are those people who seem to have everything, or you just haven't a clue what to get for them. As for giving because you enjoy it or because you feel obligated, I'm completely on the enjoying wagon. I love to shop for people and spend a lot of time making sure that I notice their likes and interests. Nothing like the feeling of seeing someone so delighted with their gift and saying to you, "How did you know?".

    ReplyDelete