Monday 30 October 2017

Happy Homemaker 2017-10-31

The weather
Today is 15C with lots of winds & rain... a Fall storm they are saying.  In some places (where my cousin lives in Abitibi) they are having it all in snow.

Have not watched the weather channel so don't know about the rest of the week but I do know it'll get colder.  Hoping for better weather tomorrow for the little Halloweeners.

On my reading pile
Mississippi by Hilary Jordan

On my TV
Started a new series Kidnapped

On the menu for this week (may be changed)
Monday - Stuffed bell peppers
Tuesday - Halloween so has to be fast and easy.  Crockpot veggie soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
Wednesday - Chinese noodles
Thursday - smoked meat sandwiches

Last week nothing on the menu was eaten.  Monday I ended up in the hospital for a kidney stone and had to go back on Tuesday to be sure all was gone (it was).  Wednesday I was out for a haircut , Thursday we went browsing for a new washer (not bought yet) and Friday was groceries.... so no menu plan was followed.

On my to-do list 
- Regular housechores
- Schedule an echography - DONE today & switch lung RX so I only have to go once for all at the hospital.
- Wrap some stocking stuffers
- Pay bills
- Reserve supper & evening at a haunted village for next week
- Get the kitchen ready to receive Halloweeners
- Get Halloween decorations down and back up in the attic
- Put away Halloween costumes
- FB chat with 2 friends who have health problems
- Friday trying a new therapy for my stomache problems, so will be missing half a day of work.

What I am knitting and crafting
Knit scarf is on hold - have to see the knitting lady before I continue
Need to start a knit pair of socks
Halloween felt cones will be for next year

Looking around the house
Ready for Halloween tomorrow night!  Cat-stuff (bed, climbing tree, food, and toys) are all over the LR as we are babysitting the kitten Keisha until Tuesday night.  It belongs to my son's girlfriend.
Christmas wrapping paper, scissors and scotch-tape.  Wrapped elf gifts, stocking stuffers for the kids and mom's stocking stuffers :)

From the camera
Disco night Halloween party



Simple pleasures
Rainy weather and candles

What I am wearing today
Jeans, cami, comfy gray sweater and croc slippers.

Quote of the week

“Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” 
From my favorite film.... You've Got Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment