Monday 14 October 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-10-14

Good morning!  Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends

What a busy week and weekend.  DH went with ds and ddil to look at a used car that they will be buying.  He also got our Rav-4 oiled before winter.  I took Friday afternoon off to finalize a few things before family arrived for lunch Saturday.

DD, boyfriend + 2 children, my parents, my sister and bil, my brother and girlfriend, and ds, ddil and 2 grandkids spent weekend here (but ds and ddil did not sleep here as they live 5 minutes away and the house was full).  Only one brother didn't make it.

We went to local white geese festival to walk around and see the small marketplace.  There were some inflatable games for the grandkids, old vintage cars, ... it was a nice weekend. the colors were beautiful.  SIL had brought supper for Saturday (lasagnas and chocolate cake) and sis had brought the onion soup for lunch Sunday.  I took care of the rest.  My family left Sunday after lunch but dd and family stayed and left after supper at the same time as ds' family.  

Today I am tired and as you can guess have lots of housechores to do... with 4 grandkids and sil's dog.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  





The weather
Mon
Rain
7°
5°
Tue
Scattered showers
8°
3°
Wed
Partly cloudy
9°
1°
Thu
Mostly sunny
11°
1°
Fri
Partly cloudy
14°
4°
A Fall week... Today rainy and windy ... the leaves are falling


Looking around the house
All has to be done main floor and basement... will do it as I can 

Thinking and pondering
Just too tired to thnk and ponder

Tv this week

Big Brother season 26
Alertes
Doute raisonnable
Discussions avec mes parents
Bon matin Chuck  
Les perles
Marco Lachance
Temps de chien (saison 2)
Inspirez, Expirez
Dumas
Stats
Occupation double
Indéfendable
Abysse not liking it so have stopped recording it
Reruns of La Galère


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week

Nothing no time


On my reading pile
Plus jamais malade by Denis Fortier - have put this on hold but need to get back to it.  
The Housemade by Freida McFadden

On my to-do list

Monday 
  • Post here ✅
  • 10:30 Tai-chi class 
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor
  • Mop kitchen, kitchenette, bathroom, hallway et LR
  • Wash bathroom on main floor
Decluttering 
  • 1 sinus bottle (just wanted the salt envelopes and was sold with it)
  • Toy four-wheeler
  • Toy gun
  • 5 food toys
  • 2 toy block parts
  • 1 police car
  • 1 pen
  • 2 plastic train wagons
Upcoming this week
Monday 10:30 Tai-Chi class
Wednesday in-town work (my in-town day was changed this week for a meeting), then in the evening there is a food-freezer company coming (sigh... but I did accept their free testing package, so...)
DS is to pick up his new used car .. so glad they are getting another car, the old one was scary.


Christmas prep

Work on Christmas ornament - STILL to do


From the camera:




Internet picture of the week


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you did great on decluttering this week! I know that has to feel good! I tend to do more 'fall cleaning' than spring cleaning since its' becoming cozy season and we spend more time indoors! I hope you have a fabulous week! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete