Monday 5 August 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-08-05

Good morning 

Vacations are almost over.  I start back at work Wednesday... I did open emails today as I had over 300 to go through.

We had HOT, HOT weather the last few weeks... wayyyyy too hot for me.  I need Fall.  1st weekend of vacations we went to my parent's house for a visit and to help out a bit.  I did empty a big drawer in mom's bedroom and it almost all in garbage or recycling.  I kept a few cards and pens.

2nd week we went to Hampton Beach with sis and bil... too hot! but water was too cold... it was like putting our feet in ice.  Was fun a few days with nothing to worry about or to do. Then we came back here and sis left last Saturday after breakfast.  We went to see a music concert in next town with sis on Friday night.  Kids & grandkids came on Sunday and left after supper.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  





The weather
Finally a good week temperature-wise
Mon
Scattered showers
24°
12°
Tue
Mostly sunny
23°
13°
Wed
Mostly sunny
23°
11°
Thu
Mostly sunny
25°
15°
Fri
Scattered showers
24°
16°



Looking around the house
It's ok for now.  will deal with it next weekend ;)  need to enjoy my 2 last days of vacation

Thinking and pondering
Nothing much for now.  I had a week of itching in my hands and feet and was wondering about that (no red skin or buttons) but it seems to be resorbing itself.
My niece will be going to my parent's house 2 days every 2 weeks to clean and declutter.  She will verify with me and sis before giving away or throwing out.  If she does this for awhile it well help dad out - dad will pay her for this.

Tv this week

Big Brother season 26
The traitors (season 2)
Walking dead (last season)


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week

Nothing




On my reading pile
Plus jamais malade by Denis Fortier - cannot read it in one sitting.  I've read the chapter about headaches and there are good exercises in there.
L'étoffe des jours heureux by Barbara Davis


On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Chili (for the freezer)
  • Meatball and rice casserole (for the freezer)
  • Laundry
  • Put away suitcases and stuff


Monday
  • Post here ✅
  • Wash my bed
  • Bloodwork (routine) 
  • Fold towels
  • Empty dishwasher
  • Delete 'books read' from e-reader and update goodreads .
Decluttering 
  • 3 shorts
  • 2 carpets 2 X6
  • 1 wood door (dh sold on marketplace)
  • 4 concrete lengths (sold on marketplace)
Upcoming this week
Saturday - Corn-on-the-cob and hot-dog party at dh's cousin's house.  Need to figure out what I'll be bringing.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Just reading in the shade.  

From the camera:









Quote of the week or rather... can't wait for this!!





3 comments:

  1. 300 emails... that's a lot! And yes, I also prefer autumn. 25 degrees Celsius is okay, but not higher!
    Good that you don't have to clean up at your mother's parents' house alone. Together is better (if the relationship is good).
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new week Lucie!
    Wowzers -hope you got caught up with all those emails. :) Beach time looks and sounds like it was wonderful even tho it was hot! How sweet that your niece will help out about your folks place. I bet your dad is very happy to pay for that help. 🙏🏻💗 Love the Fall list - it's nice and cool here today and I'm soaking it up. I love those check lists. That one you posted is from Kelle Hampton. I follow Kelle Hampton (her blog is Enjoying the Small Things) and she does a Fall checklist and a Holiday one every year. 😊
    Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you photos and the last pic is SUPER :-)

    ReplyDelete