Monday 24 June 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-06-24

 Good morning and Bonne St-Jean-Baptiste


Our provincial holiday today

Last Monday dh picked up grandkids from daycare and ds and ddil came for supper.  DDIL is on medical leave for a month (don't know the details but she says she is tired)... and she is having MAJOR family drama with her dad... suffise it to say me and dh won't be having a relationship with him from this point on - some words cannot be forgiven even with alot of goodwill.  Mama Bear is angry .

Last Tuesday was in-town work with a picnic with cws outside.  Was very hot but nice in the shade.

Wednesday I worked half a day as I had a lunch for a retirement in town.  DH did errands while I met the others.  The retiree worked 49 years for our govt. agency.  Lots of retired people where there... the ones I first worked with when I started there.  Was great to see how everyone was doing. Then we did some errands and went to Xavier's baseball practice.

Friday kids & grandkids came over for the village summer fest... hot-dogs, lemonade, grilled marshmallows, games and a singer and a guitar player.  Came back around 7:30.  Xavier slept over.

Saturday Xavier had an early baseball practice at the real ball stadium so dh & ds went with him and they came back around noon.  Was a hot day so we just relaxed afterwards.

Sunday was rain all day, so did a few housechores but just enjoyed the quiet time.  It was also our 34th wedding anniversary.

If interested my CIJ blogposts are scheduled to start July 1st.

ON VACATION FOR A WEEK!!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  





The weather
Last week was torrid!  wayyy too hot for my liking we got 39C (102F) not including humidity at the highest point here.
This week will be...one crazy hot day and the rest looks a bit wet.
Mon
Rain
19°
13°
Tue
Mostly sunny
29°
18°
Wed
Scattered thunderstorms
24°
14°
Thu
Showers
19°
9°
Fri
Mostly sunny
22°
13°

Looking around the house
Lots of small things to do .  Think I'll do a timeline so things are ready by Friday when sis gets here.

Thinking and pondering
All I'd like to do this week and on the other hand wanting to do nothing 😁
I need to plan meals... been saying that for the last few weeks... sigh..  We are going with friends for a weekend and also when the boys will come to do the roof they will sleep here and I will need to feed them.

Tv this week

When calls the heart (season 10)
La Belle vie avec Go-Van (season 3)
Une maison signée Janvier
La famille est dans le pré
Walking dead (last season)


Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week

Nothing




On my reading pile
Plus jamais malade by Denis Fortier - cannot read it in one sitting.  I've read the chapter about headaches and there are good exercises in there.
L'alieniste by Caleb Carr


On my to-do list


Over the weekend 
  • Laundry
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Dust and organize office/guest room

Monday
  • Post here ✅
  • Have grandkids for lunch, afternoon and supper as parents will go play golf (if not raining)
  • Make a batch of spaghetti sauce in crockpot
  • Refills to do in bathroom (kleenex, tp, handsoap)
Decluttering 
  • 1 hedge cutter sold on Marketplace
  • 1 bra
Upcoming this week
Need to run errands at least 1 day.
Thursday Rav4 goes to the garage for repairs
Friday sis & bil are coming and we will go on a small boat ride to town

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Sketch and watercolor


From the camera:

Nothing




Funny of the week:

VACATION MODE ACTIVATED




7 comments:

  1. When it's so hot you can hardly do anything, right, but yes, the gnomes won't do it for you (we say here in the Netherlands).
    Congratulations on your 34th wedding anniversary!
    Greetings and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had not heard of the gnome saying, interesting. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your CIJ posts :D HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and have a wonderful vacation and week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you dear Lucie! 💗 I had never heard of that holiday - I love learning new things. :) Sounds like you've been having lots of summertime fun! And I love your cute frog. Sorry I've been absent. I was on a trip through Europe! 😁 Blessings xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to reading your CIJ posts!

    ReplyDelete