Monday 10 June 2024

Happy Homemaker 2024-06-09

 Good morning

So ddil is off work for a month, she says she is tired and went to see her doctor.

Last Wednesday dh went to see Xavier at his 1st baseball game. 

He spent part of the week picking up at ds' house and finishing stuff around their pool.  He also went to town to pick up ddil's new patio set.

I had a slow workweek until Friday ... that was quite a day!  I managed to get over 100 forms into the system... still have another 140 to go but might do it slower... my shoulder ached all weekend from doing the same movement.  It needs to be done before my vacation week of June 24th.

Our weekend was quite relaxed too.... funeral mass for neighbor's mom on Saturday.  After that I did a little bit of the sketching tutorials I had saved on FB.  Neighbor brought us sandwiches from the feast which we did not attend after funeral (we figured they had enough out-of-town family to catch up with). Sunday was just relaxing and doing some housechores.  We did not see grandkids all weekend... the kids were babysitting ddil's niece (who is 3) all weekend.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  




The Weather
Mon
Showers
19°
12°
Tue
Partly cloudy
23°
13°
Wed
Partly cloudy
24°
14°
Thu
Scattered thunderstorms
25°
16°
Fri
Scattered thunderstorms
22°
12°

Looking around the house
Looks ok but I do think I have too much stuff in here!  I need to get more stuff out of here.
Thinking and pondering
Mom and how she is getting always worse.
I need to plan a meal for the weekend we are having with friends in July.
Working on a staycation list.

Tv this week

Survivor Québec (saison 2)
Les Traitres
When calls the heart (season 10)
La Belle vie avec go-van (season 3)
Une maison signé Janvier



Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week

Nothing as I was busy watching videos for Workshop week all week.  I did not do any crafts but watched alot of different crafts - it is always interesting.




Things on the menu this week
I'm thinking this category I am not using as dh is here and we go as it feels, not like when the kids lived here.  Will probably take it out next week.

On my reading pile
La bibliothèque de minuit by Matt Haig


On my to-do list


Over the weekend (sunday)
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Dust kitchenette
  • Laundry
  • Prep anniversary card for party we are going to next weekend
  • Vac main floor
  • Ordered some solar lamps for the gate in the backyard (hoping they will work, we have tried a few but with Frost gate they don't all work) and also ordered a Scentsy buddy - a Christmas gnome!

Monday
  • Post here ✅
  • Prep for in-town work tomorrow 
  • Errands
Decluttering 
  • 1 pair of baby dinosaur slippers (almost brand new)
  • 1 baby high-chair
Upcoming this week
Tuesday - in-town work 
Next Sunday - anniversary party (dad's cousin)
Maybe going to see dd as it is not far from anniversary venue

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Work on my staycation list


From the camera:

Baseball season



Funny of the week:




4 comments:

  1. Prayers for your mom. I got a giggle from your funny of the week hahahahah
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice picture of Xavier!
    I enjoy your Blog.
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers for your Mom! I hope you can get everything done before your vacation without hurting too badly. That's such a bummer. :( I'm so glad you'll get a break soon. And I love the Xavier pic. So cute! :) Great funny! Lol
    Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the funny!! Hope you get those files done with time to spare and enjoy your vacation, even if it's a staycation. Keeping your mom in my prayers - so difficult to deal with and always different. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete