Monday 12 June 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-06-12

 Good morning

Last week was another busy day at work but I found 4 colleagues willing to help me with some of my work, so this week should be better.  Boss doesn't see I have too much and even though I tell her she doesn't realize all I have to do. ah well,

Anne-E had a cold last week so both grandkids spent the day here on Wednesday.  Thursday parents were working in town so dh picked them up early at daycare (they had called to pick them up at 2:30 since Anne-E was puny) and they had supper here.  We did not see them over the wekend.

Friday night we went to visit with a colleague of dh's.

Saturday was outside chores (finally nice out!).  Saturday night we visited with dh's cousin and got back home at 12:30 am.  yikes too late for me.

Sunday was a lazy day with some outside work.  Hamburgers for supper with sil & bil at local place.  Sunday evening chatting at other si's home.... so lots of socializing over the weekend.  Dh was happy.  I would've taken an evening home ;)

Wildfires in the province but getting better as rain is in the air.  In our area we are not having problems or smoke but it is going to some areas of the US.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather

Today is a hot one with highs of 29C, but the rest of the week is rain.  

Looking around the house
Kids toys galore in the living room.  I have crochet stuff, to-do lists, craft items in the LR and kitchen. 

Thinking and pondering
Still haven't figure out summer vacations.  
Joined a workshop week of crafting - 40 workshops during the week.  will try to watch at least a few

Tv this week
Local Survivor

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
From the freezer

On my reading pile
Les années de plomb T2 by Jean-Pierre Charland.


On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Laundry
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Groceries
  • washed patio
  • Finished washing patio guard rails
  • Rewashed patio furniture
  • swept gazebo
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • pay credit card bill
  • watch workshops



Decluttering

Upcoming this week
Nothing

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

ICAD combined with sketch-a-day and workshop


My simple pleasure

feeling the warmth outside!


Lesson learned in the past week or good to know

Fun fact:
    • In our town, The Chateau Frontenac Hotel holds the Guinness World Record for the most photographed hotel in the world! ...



From the camera:
Nothing this week


Funny of the week







7 comments:

  1. HA HA on your funny! Beautiful hotel! I can understand why it is photographed so often! I hope you get that evening home this next week and glad you found help for your excess work. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that is beautiful! Where do you live? It looks absolutely gorgeous! Your funny of the week made me lol! I'm glad you got some grandkid days during the week and had a fun weekend with friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live near Quebec City, Quebec Canada. The hotel is in Quebec City

      Delete
  3. Hello dear Lucie!
    I'm so happy to hear you're getting more help at work - yay!! I pray they're able to get the wildfires under control soon. So scary. 🙏
    That hotel is just gorgeous!! And I loved your funny - I did not expect that ending and it almost made me spit out the water I was sipping. Lol 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous hotel! hahahahah!! The bagpipes got me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hotel is beautiful! Glad some rain is putting out those wildfires and the smoke isn't going your way. Hooray for help at work. Hope you've had a wonderful week so far! Halfway to the weekend now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this Chateau Frontenac Hotel, It is incredible. It is the biggest hotel I never Saw.

    ReplyDelete